Windows 10: Windows 10: save taskbar search

Discus and support Windows 10: save taskbar search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to save searches I make on the taskbar Search window, when I look for things on my computer not the search bar in any internet provider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by astapen83, Feb 18, 2020.

1. astapen83 Win User

Windows 10: save taskbar search

I would like to save searches I make on the taskbar Search window, when I look for things on my computer not the search bar in any internet provider including Bing. As it is, I have to retype my search questioneverytime I look at one of the search results. Very annoying.

Is there a way to save a search?

:)

astapen83, Feb 18, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10: save taskbar search

Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: save taskbar search

1. Windows 10: save taskbar search - Similar Threads - save taskbar search

2. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*: Within the last week of so, I've noticed that when I use the Windows 10 taskbar Search button to find things, it no longer shows my recent *documents*. If I search for and find an app, then the next time I use the Search button, that app is indeed shown under the pop-up...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*: Within the last week of so, I've noticed that when I use the Windows 10 taskbar Search button to find things, it no longer shows my recent *documents*. If I search for and find an app, then the next time I use the Search button, that app is indeed shown under the pop-up...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Cortana
  5. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working: HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-search-not-working/b95c2abb-8833-4a91-9748-edebbca52f18
  6. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working: HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-search-not-working/b95c2abb-8833-4a91-9748-edebbca52f18
  7. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Saved search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved search: Just did a fresh install of Win10 and updated. I can access files on all drives through windows search. If I save the search and try to access files in the results I get "the directory name is invalid". This affects all of my hard drives and network drives. Any ideas?...
  9. Taskbar - search window

in Cortana
    Taskbar - search window: How can I keep the search window from popping up and getting in my way when I don't want it.? It pops up unexpectedly and I have trouble closing it. Why does it pop up?...
  10. Save a Search in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save a Search in Windows 10: How to: Save a Search in Windows 10 How to Save a Search in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files on your PC. One way is using the Search Box in File Explorer to search only in the current folder, or search in the current...