Windows 10: Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

Discus and support Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif' in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrustLeft, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I have no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\ directory in registry. Please help. I use a bit of old software and worried it not accepting .jfif

A Windows 10 feature Update changed the .JPEG format to save image files as .jfif.

My Info:
    Dell 15 5505
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 20H2
    AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics
    16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)Google Chrome browser

I'm a novice, No sure what to add for MIME folder.

submitted by /u/TrustLeft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TrustLeft, Jan 21, 2021
  2. maxwelwp Win User

.jpg vs .jfif extension

In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg?

As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do not have the option to save as a .jpg from the file save window. Only after changing the registry setting back to .jpg am I able to save with a .jpg extension.

maxwelwp, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

Windows 10 mail image attachments cant "save as"

Hi Brambly,

As you are facing issue with the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

We have figured out and recognized that, you will not find option to
    Save, print or move
    except the Copy option available for the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

Hence I suggest you to provide the feedback as this is by latest design;

Step on how to provide feedback

• Open the image you want to copy or save.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Right hand side select the feedback option and provide feedback for the same.
    If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

1. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif' - Similar Threads - saving jpeg image

2. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  3. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  4. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  6. images are jfifs

images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  7. images are jfifs

8. All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg

All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg: Suddenly, on my computer but not my wife's, every one of my browsers Edge, Chrome and Brave is giving me the option to save pictures in only the jfif format. Jpeg or jpg is not being offered. I've seen various threads about this and how the behavior can be reverted to...
  9. All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg

All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg: Suddenly, on my computer but not my wife's, every one of my browsers Edge, Chrome and Brave is giving me the option to save pictures in only the jfif format. Jpeg or jpg is not being offered. I've seen various threads about this and how the behavior can be reverted to...
  10. can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option: I am trying to save a pic I emailed to myself from my Note 10 to my HP win 10 computer on yahoo.ca I open the email and save the pic to my hp on pictures folder but it saves a jfif not jpeg, even when it says its saving as jpeg.. tried the registry edit but the path...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser saves any image to jpeg