Windows 10: Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

Discus and support Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertoSerrano2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is incorrect.

Even if my PC DOES have a password, why would it tell me this if it doesn't even give tbe option to input it?

Matter at hand is that I'm locked out of my own PC. I also did the following:

Pressed and held shift while left-clicking on restart

Clicked Troubleshoot

Clicked Advanced Options

Clicked Startup repair

But when I did the above, it gave me the error shown on the picture i uploaded.

Stuck as to what to do...

:)

RobertoSerrano2, Apr 2, 2020

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 2, 2020
  4. jeffMNMN Win User

Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

1. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one. - Similar Threads - Saying incorrect password

2. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  3. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  4. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Startup Repair says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Startup Repair says password is incorrect.: I had just done a gpu driver update, and it required a system restart to install. Normally, when my pc tries to restart it freezes on a black screen with the monitor backlight and system fans on. So i normally just force shut it down by holding the power button. I did that...
  6. startup repair 'incorrect password', but it isn't

startup repair 'incorrect password', but it isn't: hi. I bought my PC with Windows 10 installed, so no USB drive or disc. My pc keeps crashing, sometimes during startup reboots itself but mostly during use. I want to run startup repair, but it continuously doesn't accept my password, even though I've changed it via...
  7. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect: So today in the morning i turned on my computer and I tried to get on as regular, but my computer gave me the pleasant message of "The password is incorrect. Try again" and so I did, I tried for 2 hours, did everything I knew I could do. I tried my password several times,...
  8. Incorrect password - except it isn't

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect password - except it isn't: About 1 time in five when we turn on my wife's PC (Dell Precision 3430), it refuses to allow anyone to login - saying the password is incorrect. Neither Num-Lock, nor Caps-Lock are on when this happens. This is a recently installed machine which was running version 1903 and...
  9. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  10. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update: Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button :(...