Windows 10: Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

Discus and support Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using my laptop with Windows 10 for years and recently I am using this laptop in company, connecting with a usb ethernet dongle. Now here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stanley_1024, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

I have been using my laptop with Windows 10 for years and recently I am using this laptop in company, connecting with a usb ethernet dongle. Now here comes the trouble, when I re-connect my network at home with home wifi, some Microsoft applications says no Internet connection and shows error:

You will need Internet for this

It doesn't look like you connected to Internet. Check your connection and try again

0x800704cf

This is ridiculous because my network is working fine

for example - OneNote is not able to sync, Microsoft Store says no connection etc. But when I am back to company using usb dongle, everything is fine.

I have tried everything with searching the solution on Goolgle like reset network settings, run scripts etc, none of them worked. I am so frastrating on this, do I have to be back to company to use all of these applications? I guess it's something to do with Microsoft account sync problem that connection must be the same network? Any fix or workaround for this Microsoft?

:)

stanley_1024, Feb 2, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 2, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

1. Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -... - Similar Threads - saying need Internet

2. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  3. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  4. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  5. windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”: My modem is not the problem; all of my other devices, none of which run on Windows 10, are connected to the network. My desktop, which has the network USB adapter attached, “Status” says network “not connected, “you are not connected to the internet.” I ran “Troubleshoot”...
  6. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  7. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  8. windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do

windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do: I'm having a big problem my computers windows 10 is saying I have no internet connection but I do have internet but because of this I can't use some of windows 10's features I've use the windows troubleshooting and it there's nothing wrong even apps other apps are there's no...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.: Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, as it's never happened, and I've tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10. About a month ago (I assume this may be due to the recent windows update), Windows tells me that I have no internet connection when, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after updating windows you need internet connection to valid