Windows 10: Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any.

Discus and support Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG] When I turn on my computer, it says I have an incorrect password. After I click on okay, I am prompted to sign in again, but after... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KaiYinTay, Sep 14, 2020.

1. KaiYinTay Win User

Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any.

Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any. [​IMG]Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any. [​IMG]

When I turn on my computer, it says I have an incorrect password. After I click on okay, I am prompted to sign in again, but after clicking on sign in it does not give me the option to type a password, but it just says incorrect password. I'm unable to fix this problem with safe mode reset nor reversing the update nor reset to the computer keeping files.

Please advice!

:)

KaiYinTay, Sep 14, 2020

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 password incorrect! password changed automatically!?

• Are you trying to log in using your Microsoft account?
    • No.
    • Have you tried resetting your password?
    • Yes I did, but of course it asks for my old password which when I enter it says it's incorrect. I also tried setting a PIN but again it asks for my password.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

samibakhsh, Sep 14, 2020
  4. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 says I have incorrect password when I did not set any. - Similar Threads - says incorrect password

2. did i have an initial windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    did i have an initial windows 10 password?: Start-up repair asks me for a password, and gives me the email address for the account. Is it my password for Microsoft or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-have-an-initial-windows-10-password/fcd97402-d876-4e7c-9b0d-c03e2a52faa3
  3. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  4. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  5. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect when I wish to remove my password.

Windows 10 says my password is incorrect when I wish to remove my password.: I am sure that my password is correct as I am able to log in when I start my computer. However, when I wish to remove my password in Settings, Windows told me that my password is incorrect. I have tried using the 'netplwiz' command by unchecking the 'Users must enter a user...
  7. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  8. I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password: When I boot my computer I don't have a password, I simply click "sign in" to start windows. Suddenly, it now tells me "The password is incorrect. Try again" when I try to sign in. Considering there's no password, it's not as if I changed it and forgot, or typed it wrong,...
  9. Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in

Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in: Good morning, One of our staff has an HP Windows 10 Laptop which she has been using for some time. When she started up the laptop this morning, she clicked Sign In on her user account and it gave gave her a Password is Incorrect message. There is no password field to...
  10. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...