Windows 10: Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm...

Discus and support Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have noticed that sometimes Windows 10 will not let me open certain programs. I am trying to click on Adobe Flash to install the latest version, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KatieWohldmann, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm...

I have noticed that sometimes Windows 10 will not let me open certain programs. I am trying to click on Adobe Flash to install the latest version, but It says I must have administrator privileges. Says to log on with administrator privileges and try again. I don't see an option to "log on with administrator privileges" and have never heard of this before.

I tried this: 1) Open command prompt by right clicking and selecting run as administrator

2) Type " sc config secdrv start= demand " and press enter. 3) Type " sc start secdrv " and press enter again. 4) Reboot PC

But Command Prompt said:

[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

:)

KatieWohldmann, Oct 21, 2018

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm...

1. Windows 10 says I must have administrator privileges to open some programs even though I'm... - Similar Threads - says must administrator

2. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  3. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  4. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  6. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  7. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

8. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am: Windows says i'm not connected to the internet. And when i open the networking box, it says "no internet" even though i can still easily use everything that need the use of internet. Somehow my windows just doesn't seem to understand that it has internet acces. I have tried...
  9. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am: Windows says i'm not connected to the internet. And when i open the networking box, it says "no internet" even though i can still easily use everything that need the use of internet. Somehow my windows just doesn't seem to understand that it has internet acces. I have tried...
  10. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programmes says open with adiminstator privilages awhen I already have them

2. i cant add programs to windows 10 even though im administrator

3. win 10 says i need admin priv

4. what does your user account must have adminstrator priveledges to install drivers,
  5. your user account must have administrator privileges to install drivers