Windows 10: Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

Discus and support Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't download anything or open command prompt. Not sure when or why this happened. I am the only user and i bought the computer brand new.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TwinnedChimp49, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

I can't download anything or open command prompt. Not sure when or why this happened. I am the only user and i bought the computer brand new.

:)

TwinnedChimp49, Dec 21, 2019

2. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer any more.

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for the update. You may check this article on how to disable OneDrive on your computer. Regarding your "not the Administrator" issue, we suggest that you
    enable the built-in administrator account on Windows 10 by running a command in an elevated command prompt. In order to do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Accept the User Account Control prompt.
    • Enter this command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

1. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer. - Similar Threads - Says I'm Administrator

2. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator: I am unable to use settings the screen does not come up and Windows 10 says that I need to be an administrator when i tried to go into other apps. I have read previous posts and have tried the solutions ,mentioned but nothing works...
  3. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator: I am unable to use settings the screen does not come up and Windows 10 says that I need to be an administrator when i tried to go into other apps. I have read previous posts and have tried the solutions ,mentioned but nothing works...
  4. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot be administrator of my own computer + problems with windows defender: Hi everyone! I am kindly asking for your help to solve two problems I am facing with windows on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490s.The first problem I face relates to windows defender and admin rights. Whenever I tried to disactivate windows defender, a pop up saying that the IT admin...
  6. administrator of my own pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator of my own pc windows 10: how do i become an administrator of my own pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-of-my-own-pc-windows-10/7bfebdb7-f76c-4e3f-bb6c-c0a640f0a195
  7. I'm locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of my own computer: Can somebody please help I have a Dell Latitude computer I mean ministrator I'm the owner of the computer and I had a friend use my computer now this and they have a user passcode or password on the front of the screen when you first log on and it's not even letting me get to...
  8. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...
  9. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 says im not administrator

2. windows 10 says im not an administrator

3. cmd tells me im not an administrator

4. after a rescent win 10 update i am not an administrator