Windows 10: Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'll start by saying that last year I decided to factory reset my laptop without saving a complete backup. I just put the files I wanted on a USB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bunkerbros, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

I'll start by saying that last year I decided to factory reset my laptop without saving a complete backup. I just put the files I wanted on a USB drive and then wiped the computer. I then had to borrow a friends recovery USB stick to get Windows to install properly.

I recently decided to upgrade to Win10 Pro and after installing I got an activation error. 0x803F7001. I had a genuine copy of Windows that came installed on my laptop when I bought it from Dell.

How do I go about getting my Win10 authenticated?

Thank You

:)

bunkerbros, Jun 20, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jun 20, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

1. Windows 10 says invalid product key after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - says invalid product

2. Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid: I recently bought Windows 11 Pro from Walmart. I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 to a Ryzen 7 in order to meet the system requirements. After doing this, I tried activating Windows 11 and it says the product key is invalid. I know I have never activated it before and I only...
  3. Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid: I recently bought Windows 11 Pro from Walmart. I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 to a Ryzen 7 in order to meet the system requirements. After doing this, I tried activating Windows 11 and it says the product key is invalid. I know I have never activated it before and I only...
  4. Windows 10 Home product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home product key is invalid: When I tried pausing updates, I was unable to do so because "my organization disabled that". However, I use my laptop personally, so I have no organization or administrator to control that. I looked into it further and saw that Windows Insider might have disabled it. But I...
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  6. product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro

product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro: THE PRODUCT KEY YOU ENTERED DIDN'T WORK. CHECK THE PRODUCT KEY AND TRY AGAIN, OR ENTER A DIFFERENT ONE. 0XC004F050 I contacted the store I bought my computer from and they supplied me with a product key. It started to download and about 5 minutes in it encountered a problem...
  7. windows 10 pro invalid after upgrading with window home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro invalid after upgrading with window home: basically, I paid the extra $100 to upgrade to pro on my laptop and now somehow have windows 10 enterprise downloaded, and the key says invalidof course it would, I'm running enterprise somehow and really have no idea how to fix this or even how to go back down to home and...
  8. Windows 10 says my license key is invalid after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 says my license key is invalid after a hardware upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my motherboard cpu and ram succesfully, but now my windows 10 is unable to activate and tells me that my key isn't genuine even though it has worked for the last 4 years now, I have Windows 10 pro form the free upgrade period and never had any porblems...
  9. windows says product key is invalid

windows says product key is invalid: I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7 key was). I bought a key from my wife's college (cuz it was free with her edu email).. Now windows says it's an invalid...
  10. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade product key invalid