Windows 10: Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark...

Discus and support Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Years ago, I replaced my HDD on my computer, which deactivated my windows. With the help of customer support, I was able to reactivate it. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mSolski, Mar 10, 2019.

1. mSolski Win User

Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark...

Years ago, I replaced my HDD on my computer, which deactivated my windows. With the help of customer support, I was able to reactivate it. However, since a recent update, the "Activate Windows" watermark appears on my screen. When I restart my computer, it goes away for a while but it always comes back.

However, in the settings in the activation menu, windows says that it IS activated with a digital license linked to my account. I can't access the activation troubleshooting tool because of that, it seems.

How do I fix this?

:)

mSolski, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Pauru Win User

Windows 10 Pro digital license - "Activate Windows" watermark

A few months ago I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade promotion. For the first few months I experienced absolutely zero problems. A few days ago, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared on my screen. Upon checking my activation settings I got a notification saying that I don't have a valid digital license or product key - which makes no sense, since I got the digital license directly from Microsoft. Below is an image of the window.

Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark... [​IMG]

The troubleshooter gave me the following message:

Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark... [​IMG]

I also tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro, but every time it stopped at 40% progress for the following reason:

Some other notes:

Before all this happened, I received a notification that my C: Drive needed to be repaired. I ran the drive repair utility which stated that the repair was successful. This happened about a day before I started having problems.

The only hardware change I've made since upgrading was a new GPU, with a clean install on its drivers.

I don't recall which (if any) Microsoft account I linked this digital license to. I haven't been logging into Windows with a Microsoft account.

My previous version of Windows was Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, which I still do have the product key for.

I received remote assistance from a Microsoft technician, but he wasn't able to resolve my issue. He did give me a Windows 10 Pro product key which didn't work when entered in activation settings.

Are my system files corrupt? Anything else I should try before attempting a clean install?

Thank you in advance!

Pauru, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Mar 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 says it's activated with a digital license, but the "Activate Windows" watermark... - Similar Threads - says activated digital

2. Windows activated with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activated with digital license: Hi,I have a question i was working with a organization for a temporary project for 6 months but somehow the project was ended in in 3 months and they did not paid salary for next months as per the contract so they said we can keep the laptop as it equals to your salary and we...
  3. Windows Activated with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activated with digital license: Hello,I have office 365 family then i share to my 2nd account, also i purchase a new PC.When i login to this PC using my 2nd Microsoft account, i can see my 'windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'.So i just want to know how my windows...
  4. Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license": Last time i installed windows it was Xp, but i built "new" desktop and installed windows 10. It says "windows is avtivated with digital license". Now i read this happens if you have windows license connected to microsoft account. But i have not connected my windows to...
  5. Windows 10 Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License Activation: So i have assigned a digital license on my Microsoft 365 account and logged in using the account on my Windows 10 users, still i have a trial period count down. Please help....
  6. Digital License not activating Windows 10

Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  7. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...
  8. Windows Digital License Activation

Windows Digital License Activation: Hey everyone, I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM. I made sure to link my Windows 10 license with my Microsoft account before this. After updating everything and troubleshooting, I clicked on I have recently changed my hardware. I found the Desktop name I...
  9. Watermark says: Activate Windows

Watermark says: Activate Windows: Hi, I just can't understand what's going on with Windows 10 the Activation process. I did a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 (valid product key) to Windows 10 Pro over a year ago. Now I'm told to activate windows. Yesterday the message said I have a valid digital license...
  10. Windows 10 Pro digital license - "Activate Windows" watermark

Windows 10 Pro digital license - "Activate Windows" watermark: A few months ago I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade promotion. For the first few months I experienced absolutely zero problems. A few days ago, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared on my screen. Upon checking my activation settings I got a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is activated with a digital license i never activated it

2. i just installed windows 10 and it says its activated?

3. windows is activated with a digital license but i still have watermark

4. upgraded windows 7 to 10 says activated with a digitallicense,
  5. I didnt give a key but windows says its activated,
  6. windows 10 saysit needs to be activated but it is activated by digital license,
  7. it says window is activated with a digital license,
  8. just installed free windows and it says its activated with digital license