Windows 10: Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't

Discus and support Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried all the recommended Windows 10 fixes for changing the status of a wireless printer from "offline", but nothing is working. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diana Batema, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't

I have tried all the recommended Windows 10 fixes for changing the status of a wireless printer from "offline", but nothing is working. I have a connection to the internet and Avast Internet Security sees my printer on the network. I need more help.

:)

Diana Batema, Sep 14, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Wireless Printer now offline.

Acquired recently within last two months and had previously established a wireless set up connection between my laptop (win 10) and a HP printer, whilst with my parents over Christmas the PC had a windows update (long one) when compared to earlier window
    version updates, using their router (i.e. without access to my wireless printer). On returning home the established connection is lost and the laptop shows the printer as offline. Printer trouble shooter suggests printer off but is on, none of the office style
    programs give the print option to select the wireless printer. Wireless communications still shows the printer and its IP and the printer itself will work when accessing the HP web page and also responds by sending ink levels back to the Laptop.

Should I start to uninstall and in which order or is there a solution within the Laptop / Windows 10.

If can have some help, but I will need step by step instructions as I'm very unsure of my ablitities.

Thank you Claire

Claire_L0508, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't

1. Windows 10 says my wireless printer is offline when it isn't - Similar Threads - says wireless printer

2. my printer won't work,it says it's offline hp printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer won't work,it says it's offline hp printer: printer won't printer its says i off line help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-workit-says-its-offline-hp-printer/a576b07b-9174-42fb-9e12-d0d08c8f0b12
  3. my printer won't work,it says it's offline hp printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer won't work,it says it's offline hp printer: printer won't printer its says i off line help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-workit-says-its-offline-hp-printer/a576b07b-9174-42fb-9e12-d0d08c8f0b12
  4. why does it say printer offline in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does it say printer offline in Windows 10?: why does it continue to say printer offline in Windows 10 when printer is set as default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-printer-offline-in-windows-10/4958614e-2a9d-4b64-87c0-e47069d16f04
  5. I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...

I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...: Hi all... I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer, I get a message saying that my printer has "migrated'...whatever the h**l that means. I am unable to bring my printer back online. Oh... if I go into Device Manager I do...
  6. Printer says it's "offline"

Printer says it's "offline": My HP 8150 Photo smart worked last week-and now it somehow is in "offline" mode and for the life of me I can't get it to respond from my computer. Running Windows 10....
  7. why does windows 10 say printer offline

why does windows 10 say printer offline: But iOS devices see and work with printers easily and quickly ? Seems to be an appalling error on the part of Windows 10. Printers are networked, mixed wired and wireless, offline error occurs on both on Windows 10, wired or wireless but easy to use wirelessly on iPad or...
  8. Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?: Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them both could be faulty and not...
  9. Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected

Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected: Hey! When I try to print a document, it says that my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer is offline. I have used the HP wizard thing, it didn't work. I followed the instructions that the hp virtual assistant gave me, didn't work. I tried deleting all the printer software and then...
  10. Printers say (Offline) W-10

Printers say (Offline) W-10: Both my printers say (show) offline and I can not print... I checked in tutorials and found nothing. Thanks 97915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows says printer is offline but it isnt

2. when i try to print says offline

4. printer on but offline,
  5. if both printer and laptop are wi fi connected why is printer saying offline,
  6. printer is connected but offline?,