Windows 10: Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...

Discus and support Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on a Surface Book. I can connect to my home wifi network just fine and browse the internet on Chrome, Firefox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by neilrob, Aug 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM.

1. neilrob Win User

Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on a Surface Book. I can connect to my home wifi network just fine and browse the internet on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. However, the networking icon in the system tray appears as a globe and slashed-circle. Hovering the mouse cursor over it shows the text "No internet access," and clicking on it shows that my wifi network is listed as "No internet, secured."

This wouldn't be much of a problem, except that none of the apps from the Microsoft Store can access the internet, including the store itself. There are several apps I'd like to install and use, so the fact that they can't seem to connect to the internet properly is causing a lot of issues.

I've seen several solutions posted online related to this, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

:)

2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Aug 15, 2019 at 8:03 PM
  4. malware Win User

Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...

Microsoft Says Internet Explorer More Secure Than Firefox

Jeff Jones, Security Strategy Director at Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing Group, following his recent report putting Windows Vista ahead of Linux and Mac OS X for security, has now placed Internet Explorer ahead of the open source Firefox browser in a long-term comparative study. According to his analysis, fewer security vulnerabilities needed fixing in Internet Explorer than in the competition. Jones explains in his report Browser Vulnerability Analysis (PDF), that Mozilla has fixed 199 security vulnerabilities since November 2004, when Firefox first appeared, of which 75 were critical, 100 medium and 24 of low importance. Over the same period, a total of 87 security vulnerabilities were fixed in Internet Explorer, of which 54 were critical, 28 medium and 5 of low importance. He also notes that security updates are currently only being released for version 2.0 of Firefox, while Microsoft provides full support for earlier versions of Internet Explorer.

Source: heise Security

Thema:

1. Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps... - Similar Threads - says internet secured

2. Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access": As today I resumed my PC from hibernation, the network icon in taskbar reports with yellow exclamation mark. In Network and Sharing Center it reports no Internet access via Ethernet, and Private Network. However, Network Adapter shows clearly Ethernet is running normal...
  3. Store says I'm not connected to Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store says I'm not connected to Internet: The store says that I'm not connected to the Internet when obviously I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-says-im-not-connected-to-internet/e457b3bc-8054-47e0-9967-f2365759a1e8"
  4. Windows not letting app access the internet?

Windows not letting app access the internet?: So recently i bought a program for 3d modeling And it came with 2 programs 1 works but the second one when you launch it for the first time it asks for a license key so i put it in and press ok but 10 seconds later it pops up saying i am offline and it can't access the...
  5. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...
  6. Microsoft store not connecting to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not connecting to internet: I recently bought a new computer, Windows 10, and I didn't visit the windows store for a few weeks. I recently needed to get some stuff off the store, but whenever I would open an app, this error would come up: [ATTACH] It's been happening for a while and I have tried pretty...
  7. Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet: Tried opening Skype in a while and the app seems broken or smth, uninstalled it then went to the Store to install it again, but there it says to check my connection. Tried installing skype from the internet, but it sends me to the store again. My windows is(I think) genuine,...
  8. Internet browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browsers: Hello folks, I am wondering if there is a specific web browser that works particularly well with Windows 10 I have been using Firefox but lately this seems to be very erratic and so I am thinking of using something else. I have done this via Microsoft Edge but, I find...
  9. Internet is working but windows says "No Internet acsess"

Internet is working but windows says "No Internet acsess": my internet works like a charm but windows thinks that its not working.. it happened 3 months ago and i accidentally killed my network drivers fixing the issue so i fixed the mess i made and left it as is. but now i tried updating windows but it stays stuck at 0%, this is the...
  10. Internet access but no internet

Internet access but no internet: My computer says its got internet access but i cant use the internet?? Help pls 34828