Windows 10: Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good morning, One of our staff has an HP Windows 10 Laptop which she has been using for some time. When she started up the laptop this morning, she... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SaphuraLong, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in

Good morning,

One of our staff has an HP Windows 10 Laptop which she has been using for some time. When she started up the laptop this morning, she clicked Sign In on her user account and it gave gave her a Password is Incorrect message. There is no password field to enter a password.

• She does not have a password set to sign into her user account
    • There is only one user account set up on the laptop that she uses
    • As far as I know, there is no Microsoft Account linked to her user profile

What is the reason for it to ask for a password? What do I sign in without it asking for a password?

Thank you.

:)

SaphuraLong, Sep 11, 2020

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 11, 2020
  3. windows 10 will not let me sign in and it says incorrect password

Original Title: Locked out

I have recently installed windows 10 and it will not let me sign in it says incorrect password... I have changed it multi times and it still says its wrong... I don't know what to do? I can't use my computer until it's fixed.... Help please....

angelhudspeth, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in

Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in

1. Windows 10 says password is incorrect when I attempt to sign in - Similar Threads - says password incorrect

2. Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in: Unable to sign in due to incorrect pin and shutdowns Not true . I know my pin and did not shutdown incorrectly This started yesterday just randomly . I waited 2 hours to login . This morning the same Microsoft error . Please fix . I cannot work because of this ....
  3. Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in: Unable to sign in due to incorrect pin and shutdowns Not true . I know my pin and did not shutdown incorrectly This started yesterday just randomly . I waited 2 hours to login . This morning the same Microsoft error . Please fix . I cannot work because of this ....
  4. Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft password says incorrect when attempting to use recovery options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft password says incorrect when attempting to use recovery options: I've been having some technical issues that I don't feel are relevant here my screen keeps flashing white and nothing loads and I've exhausted pretty much every other solution I could think of. I tried reseting my pc, which requires logging into my Microsoft account. I ended...
  6. Microsoft password says incorrect when attempting to use recovery options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft password says incorrect when attempting to use recovery options: I've been having some technical issues that I don't feel are relevant here my screen keeps flashing white and nothing loads and I've exhausted pretty much every other solution I could think of. I tried reseting my pc, which requires logging into my Microsoft account. I ended...
  7. Microsoft password says incorrect when attempting to use recovery options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  9. password is incorrect at sign on

password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  10. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...