Windows 10: Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Discus and support Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AZol_778, Nov 23, 2019.

1. AZol_778 Win User

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password is used, it says that it’s incorrect. I’m able to log in on other devices with that password, so it is correct. I also cannot perform any of the advanced troubleshooting options that require passwords because it rejects those too. I would really like to avoid doing a full system reset because I have lots of info on my computer that I’d like to keep.

Thanks!

:)

AZol_778, Nov 23, 2019

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Nov 23, 2019
  3. jeffMNMN Win User
    The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

1. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect - Similar Threads - Says Password Incorrect

2. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  3. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  4. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect: [ATTACH]Many Windows users, whenever stuck by any software-related issue, tend to use the Safe Mode. This way, they work instantly or troubleshoot the issue. But there are many users who are complaining that Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect and in this article, we...
  6. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  7. Windows Startup Repair says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Startup Repair says password is incorrect.: I had just done a gpu driver update, and it required a system restart to install. Normally, when my pc tries to restart it freezes on a black screen with the monitor backlight and system fans on. So i normally just force shut it down by holding the power button. I did that...
  8. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect: So today in the morning i turned on my computer and I tried to get on as regular, but my computer gave me the pleasant message of "The password is incorrect. Try again" and so I did, I tried for 2 hours, did everything I knew I could do. I tried my password several times,...
  9. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.: So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is...
  10. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update: Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button :(...