Windows 10: Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not

Discus and support Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the correct password. I have used different methods of trying to login through command prompt, changing windows password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RapesButSaves1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not

Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the correct password. I have used different methods of trying to login through command prompt, changing windows password and booting in safe mode to no success.

Attempted factory reset only for it to fail at 8% multiple times and take me back to the login page.

Help?

submitted by /u/RapesButSaves1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RapesButSaves1, Mar 28, 2020
  2. cmp9969 Win User

Wrong Password

The "Old Password" is the password to your local account. It is about to change your local account to a Microsoft Account. If you don't mind this, then enter your local account password. If you think this is overly intrusive of Microsoft, don't do it and let Cortana die.

cmp9969, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not

1. Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not - Similar Threads - Says Password Wrong

2. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in: So I was playing a game and then out of nowhere my pc blue screened and when booted back up it says thats the password is wrong, and cant reset it, cant do anything in the trhoubleshooter bacause everything needs me to log in to the acc, and its the only acc, the only option...
  3. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in: So I was playing a game and then out of nowhere my pc blue screened and when booted back up it says thats the password is wrong, and cant reset it, cant do anything in the trhoubleshooter bacause everything needs me to log in to the acc, and its the only acc, the only option...
  4. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't: I've been using remote desktop continuously up to this point. Today, out of nowhere, it begins insisting my password is wrong for the account I've been using this entire time. Check the event log and it says that the password or user was incorrect. I quintuple check the user...
  6. Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't: I've been using remote desktop continuously up to this point. Today, out of nowhere, it begins insisting my password is wrong for the account I've been using this entire time. Check the event log and it says that the password or user was incorrect. I quintuple check the user...
  7. windows saying my password is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows saying my password is wrong: hi i started my computer today and when the sign on screen comes up and i enter my password it says password is wrong, ive had the same password for a year and dont know how to get past the sign on screen, i tried to do a restore but when i get to the account information is...
  8. Windows says my password is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows says my password is wrong: I normally sign into windows 10 on my computer using a local account. I have been using the same password for years so I know that the password is correct. Last night I wanted to download and install a desktop theme and my computer asked me to login to my Microsoft live...
  9. insists on a password and says it is wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    insists on a password and says it is wrong: Similar sort of problem, tried to set up No Passwords but it insists on a password and says it is wrong (but it isn't). Then I can get into another "me" but only with a PIN. I cannot delete the first "me" or get into it but in Users only one"me" appears. There is no built in...
  10. says password is wrong when it's right

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    says password is wrong when it's right: When I started my wife's computer this morning it was doing an update and then when it finished, her password didn't work any more. When I click the "reset password" box it says I had to have set up a disk ahead of time. The box is labeled "password reset wizard". I don't...