Windows 10: Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Discus and support Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by adityanigudkar, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update :(

:)

adityanigudkar, Dec 15, 2018

2. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Incorrect Password with correct password!

Did you try typing it in notepad then copying it over?

I think, in your situation, I would change the router password and propagate the change. I do passwords in all capitals and numbers now, eliminating characters like O because it looks too similar to 0. It cut down on the password reentry attempts dramatically. They're still 32 characters long though, so still extremely secure.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 15, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

1. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update - Similar Threads - says password incorrect

2. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  3. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  4. Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct: I have been trying to get windows vpn working. It reports incorrect password. I’ve looked for days trying everything but no luck. Why won’t it take my Microsoft credentials?...
  5. Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct: I have been trying to get windows vpn working. It reports incorrect password. I’ve looked for days trying everything but no luck. Why won’t it take my Microsoft credentials?...
  6. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...
  7. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update: I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password-after-windows-10-update/7081620e-3392-4b2b-bac4-cfcdfd502630
  8. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect: So today in the morning i turned on my computer and I tried to get on as regular, but my computer gave me the pleasant message of "The password is incorrect. Try again" and so I did, I tried for 2 hours, did everything I knew I could do. I tried my password several times,...
  9. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  10. Can't log in to Windows 10 to reset Windows.- says password incorrect but it’s correct

Can't log in to Windows 10 to reset Windows.- says password incorrect but it’s correct: When trying to do a reset windows 10 says the password to login is incorrect however it is the correct password I even reset the password upon seeing this message. After trying a bunch of different suggestions on this website I found the right answer however I cannot respond...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect password after windows update

2. password incorrect after windows 10 update

3. facebook says incorect pw on windows phone

4. windows 10 incorrect password but password is indeed correct,
  5. windows 10 keeps saying incorrect password but password is correct,
  6. federation says incorrect password but it is correct,
  7. windows update password is incorrect,
  8. rdpcore event 140 user name or password incorrect KB4487026,
  9. windows 10 says password incorrect,
  10. I type one digit into windows password and it says wrong password