Windows 10: Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this...

Discus and support Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10 that I've never had before. Every day at some point, the system sends me a notification to tell me that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbsolutZeroGI, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this...

Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10 that I've never had before. Every day at some point, the system sends me a notification to tell me that there is a problem with my account. I click the notification, it opens up the Accounts window, and it asks me to re-enter my PIN. This isn't a huge deal, except it now happens every day at some point after I turn my laptop on. I have to enter a PIN to even access the thing so I don't know why it's asking again. I am concerned that something is broken. The behavior started a few weeks ago. I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GW.

:)

AbsolutZeroGI, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this... [​IMG]

Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this... [​IMG]

Kupuna, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this... :(

Zakin, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this...

1. Windows 10 says there is a problem with my account, makes me re-enter PIN, and does this... - Similar Threads - says problem account

2. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  3. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  4. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. entering my pin on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    entering my pin on windows 10: hello, when i try to log in on my laptop with my pin, it says pin incorrect. this is the same pin that i have used for the past 5 months and for some reason it now says pin incorrect? it was working perfectly fine 7 hours ago. there is no pin reset button on my screen either....
  6. entering my pin on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    entering my pin on windows 10: hello, when i try to log in on my laptop with my pin, it says pin incorrect. this is the same pin that i have used for the past 5 months and for some reason it now says pin incorrect? it was working perfectly fine 7 hours ago. there is no pin reset button on my screen either....
  7. entering my pin on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster?: I remember in the old days, reformatting after a defrag and re installing a Windows version kind of made it faster. Is this still true today? Should I be 'refreshing' Windows 10? I don't think my machine is slower, just wondering what the norm is. Thanks. 183410
  9. Microsoft makes me re enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft makes me re enter password: My friend is trying to log into her microsoft account on their laptop the password works on their phone but when they go on their laptop they enter the exact same password then brings them to the same screen to enter the password and when they enter any old passwords it says...
  10. Windows wont let me enter my pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont let me enter my pin: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PropaneOstrich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bq2j/windows_wont_let_me_enter_my_pin/