Windows 10: Windows 10 scaling issue

Discus and support Windows 10 scaling issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I currently use two displays; a 22" monitor (primary), the other a 60" TV (secondary). The secondary monitor has a scaling factor of 125%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tbcam88, Jan 30, 2017.

1. tbcam88 Win User

Windows 10 scaling issue

Hi all,

I currently use two displays; a 22" monitor (primary), the other a 60" TV (secondary). The secondary monitor has a scaling factor of 125% selected within 'Display Settings'. I'm experiencing a problem with the feature whereby when switching back to the primary monitor; some of the scaling artefacts remain and interfere with general use.

VLC Media Player being the best example... The video output is displayed with an apparent zoom of the content (125%, perhaps?).

Windows 10 scaling issue [​IMG]

As you can see from the screen above, the credits are cut off due to said zoom. A restart fixes the problem but this is most inconvenient to action on a regular basis.

Is anyone aware of the cause? Or more to the point; a fix! *Think

Thanks in advance!

:)

tbcam88, Jan 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 Scaling Down on Individual Monitors

Hi,

I recently installed a third monitor in my office. Running off of a Win 10 Desktop. Issue I am having is it is a 32 inch 1080p monitor and the scale of everything on it is much too big. Searching any form of this issue the only thing that comes up is the
    scaling option of the Win 10 Display options but that only makes things bigger. What I need to do is half the scale on that monitor.

So is there any way to lower the scale of things on a specific monitor on Windows 10, even with a third party program?

What I would love to see is a scaling option in the monitor position screen of the settings.

Thank you,

Kerry

Moved fromWindows 10 scaling issue :( Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General )

KerryBaldino, Jan 30, 2017
  3. RonKropp Win User
    Windows 10 updates are causing font and graphics scaling issues

The scaling issues continued to be an intermittent problem when booting Windows 10. I was able to fix the font scaling issue by temporarily changing my font size, then resetting my font size, then signing out, then signing in.

A few weeks ago I finally disabled "fast startup". Windows 10 startup time increased from 13 seconds, to about 20 seconds. (fast SSD drive)

Now, for 3 weeks, no scaling issues after powering up Windows!

RonKropp, Jan 30, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 scaling issue

You do not want to zoom in VLC. You need to learn how to use the Video settings for the program. If that video was from a 4:3/480i source, you are going to end up with the borders on the left and right side.

bro67, Feb 1, 2017
  5. tbcam88 Win User
    Sorry, I should've been clearer. This zoomed effect is caused by Windows 10 scaling feature. It's not something that's been enabled in VLC.

If I log-in to the OS using my secondary monitor (60" TV), Windows applies a scaling factor of 125% so everything is bigger and easier to read. However, it also results in this zoom-like side effect when using VLC. If I log in using my primary monitor (which has no scaling enabled) then the video displays fine. *Huh

tbcam88, Feb 1, 2017
  6. tbcam88 Win User
    Here's the video if logged in via my primary monitor instead:

Windows 10 scaling issue [​IMG]

As you can see, it's the full image displayed this time...

tbcam88, Feb 1, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    It is not a scaling problem, it is not using the software for your GPU and also making sure that if you have it set to Native Resolution, which one monitor has a higher resolution, but the other one does not. You need to make both monitors the same screen size.

Of course using a 60" HDTV is why you are going to see the issues with stuff shown on it with VLC will behave like you are seeing.

If you want to watch stuff on the 60", use Plex.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 scaling issue

1. Windows 10 scaling issue - Similar Threads - scaling issue

2. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  3. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  4. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  6. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  7. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  9. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  10. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...