Windows 10: Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used the Windows 10 Scan app to scan a document two days ago using a Canon imageClass MF4890dw with no problems. Today when I start the app after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LorenBurt, Oct 1, 2020.

1. LorenBurt Win User

Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening

I used the Windows 10 Scan app to scan a document two days ago using a Canon imageClass MF4890dw with no problems. Today when I start the app after about two seconds the app quits. I’ve restarted the computer and still have the issue. I’ve installed a Windows update, restarted the PC, uninstalled the app, restarted the PC, reinstalled the app and still have the issue. Any ideas on what to do next?

:)

LorenBurt, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening

1. Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening - Similar Threads - Scan App stopping

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  5. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  6. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  8. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  9. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening: Just today Windows Mail has started to shut down a couple of seconds after it opens without any intervention. I have run the image scan ( no errors detected ) and the image restore ( successfully ) but the problem is still there. Any one who can help with this ? Many...
  10. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening: I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use it at all! I Googled the problem but nothing came up. throwing quotes around "Twitter" showed only one result saying that...