Windows 10: Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 application "Scan" has the following problems With the CanoScan 4400F: Preview: Previews only a too small portion of the scan bed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Automation Pro, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!

The Windows 10 application "Scan" has the following problems With the CanoScan 4400F:

1. Preview: Previews only a too small portion of the scan bed and the resize function only allows the scan size to be reduced even further.
    2. Scan Fails: Fails immediately with the completely uninformative dialog box:

Problem Scanning [title bar]
      Something went wrong. Please try again. [body text]
      Close [button]

[Big surprise! It doesn't work no matter how many times you "try again".]
    3. WORK AROUND: Use the "Windows Fax and Scan" application instead. It works!
      a. Click "windows" button with the four quadrant windows flag. Type "Windows Fax and Scan". Press the "Enter" button.
      b. To get into scan mode, click the "scan" not "fax" button on the lower left of the "Windows Fax and Scan" application.
      c. Now click "New Scan" at the top left right below the menu bar to get the "New Scan" dialog box.
      d. On the bottom of this dialog box, click the "Preview" button.
      e. When the preview scan completes, resize to the desired size by dragging the square handles on the corners of the dashed box surrounding your preview.
      f. Now press the "Scan" button. The result will be place in the "Documents\Scanned Documents" folder.

Question: How many more decades must we wait for the "Scan" application to be fixed???????

:)

Automation Pro, Mar 20, 2021

2. Scan and Fax not working in Windows 10

Hi Sandy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with scanning and fax issues on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if printer driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When you say that "scan and fax not working", how exactly are you trying to scan and fax on Windows 10?

If you have tried to use Windows Scan and Fax app, then try to access it and check if you are able to scan documents.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. The type "Windows Fax and Scan" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to scan the copies of documents.

Also I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting steps related to printer issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on scanning and fax issues, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Does ARTIFACT SCANNING working with GTX950/Windows 10

Not for the overclocking just the artifact scanning

BasicallyNuclear, Mar 20, 2021
  4. cronnin Win User

Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!

Does ARTIFACT SCANNING working with GTX950/Windows 10

Is there any other tool that scans for GPU artifacts, except for AtiTool?

cronnin, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!

1. Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!! - Similar Threads - SCAN application broken

2. Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 10 stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 10 stopped working.: I have an older desktop PC with USRobotics USR5639 56K USB Soft Modem.I've been using Windows Fax and Scan sporadically few times a year for a very long time. Last time I used it in early September. It worked fine.Yesterday I tried to review the fax sent in September and Sent...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 10 stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 10 stopped working.: I have an older desktop PC with USRobotics USR5639 56K USB Soft Modem.I've been using Windows Fax and Scan sporadically few times a year for a very long time. Last time I used it in early September. It worked fine.Yesterday I tried to review the fax sent in September and Sent...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 10 stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

"Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  6. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  7. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Fax and Scan does not work as it should

Windows Fax and Scan does not work as it should: Windows 10 . Using a US Robotics USB fax modem : Set up Dialing Rules same as in Win 2000 when using the wonderful never a problem WinFax. It will not just work. Get all kinds of problems : 1 turn off ANY receipts. It don't work "forget about it". 2 edit your contacts...
  9. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  10. Windows Fax and Scan of Win 10 Pro - not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and Scan of Win 10 Pro - not working: Please help me generate solution; I need a step-by-step for it. I have the ff: USR5637 FaxMoDem; driver is installed and recognized by Win 10 Pro Build 17134; no error mark on Device Manager Connected to USB Comm Port 4 Connected to Arris Router's RJ11 Port The Windows...