Windows 10: Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

Discus and support Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BradamsZP, Nov 4, 2020.

1. BradamsZP Win User

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so I'm posting again.

I have a new Xerox Workcentre 6515 all-in-one printer/scanner. The printing side of it works fine, from which I deduce my LAN cable is properly connected. The problem with the Xerox is that its scan programme is rubbish - far too complicated to set up, never mind use. I downloaded Scan, but when I launched it, all I got was a black screen with "To get started, connect a scanner." No explanations, no options. I checked on 'Printers and Devices' and its listed albeit maybe just as a printer.

How do I get Windows 10 to discover my Xerox scan facility? Xerox's manual assumes the reader has an Honours Degree in Computing!

Help! anyone.

ps. I've had to set the category as Scan 3D as there is no Scan option.

:)

BradamsZP, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - changing scanner

Thanks, Andre, and thanks for the screenshots. I deleted all my scanners except one (the
    Epson WF-7720 MFC). Windows Fax & Scan still tried to use another scanner, even though it was no longer showing on the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners screen nor the Device manager > Printers list. I found that scanner
    hiding in Device Manager > Imaging Devices and deleted it there.

Now when I try to start a scan, Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected..." Same error message when I use Ethan's Tools > Scan Settings suggestion. After that
    error message there is no screen to change/choose a scanner. Arghh.

Note that I can use the Epson scanner just fine with most other software:

• Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists all my scanners (and a webcam Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner :) and I can select my Epson and scan OK.
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists nothing. Apparently, that is a known bug in the 64 bit version. Maybe that is
      a clue why Windows Fax and Scan can't see my scanner?
    • Epson Scan 2 works (it should; it came with the Epson WF-7720 MFC). Strangely, it lists two scanners: "Epson WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 01)" and "Epson
      WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 02)".
    • NAPS2 ("Not Another PDF Scanner") has a Profiles button that shows my Epson scanner and scans OK. Interestingly, when I use that Profiles button to add a new scanner and select WIA driver, nothing is listed. When I
      select TWAIN Driver, I see the Windows Select Source screen that lists all my scanners (and a webcam Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner :) (just like PaintShop Pro above). Maybe Windows Fax and Scan only sees WIA devices and not TWAIN devices??

David the IT Guy, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

1. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner - Similar Threads - Scan Won't Recognise

2. Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone: I have a Corsair HS50 Pro Stereo headset with a microphone, and I can hear things through the headset, but the microphone is a completely different story. I've tried both this headset and some generic mobile in-ear headphones and both have the same issue, when i'm talking in...
  3. my HP Scanner won't scan

my HP Scanner won't scan: scanner HP7250 won't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-scanner-wont-scan/c838a276-47e8-4dd3-addf-4e4600ec3db5
  4. My scanner won't connect to the Windows 10

My scanner won't connect to the Windows 10: I can't connect my scanner with my laptop which have windows 10 after latest windows 10 update help me to reconnect my scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scanner-wont-connect-to-the-windows-10/6e744285-0d04-47fe-977f-a626173ec4df
  5. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  6. Fingerprint scanner not recognised.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner not recognised.: I have an ASUS computer, with a fingerprint scanner. The scanner was working fine, up until I installed the Windows 10 1909 update. Now it says that there are no compatible fingerprint scanners for Windows Hello fingerprint sign-in. Why has this happened?...
  7. samsung scanner won't scan

samsung scanner won't scan: Following a recent update my samsung printer/scanner will not scan and alerts I/O error whilst communicating with the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-scanner-wont-scan/b6185ead-264b-45fb-a625-ac294c0e2a74
  8. windows 10 does not recognise scanner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 does not recognise scanner: I can no longer use the scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 scanner. I have re-installed the drivers but still not working. A previous moan about this produced the following suggestions which worked for a short time, but this too has now failed. Click start and type...
  9. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3
  10. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner: I have a Conoscan 9950f scanner and a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. As soon as I powered the scanner up, plug and play took off and installed it. Going to settings>printers and scanners showed that it was installed. Clicking on the scanner icon and hit 'manage' brought up...