Windows 10: Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video

Discus and support Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a laptop running Windows 10 and I am having a problem. When I watch a Youtube video using the Chrome browser and my screen blinks black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kiều Ngọc Hoàng Hòa, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video

I am using a laptop running Windows 10 and I am having a problem. When I watch a Youtube video using the Chrome browser and my screen blinks black every time I go back to the video playing window. My device has two GPUs, one from Intel and one from Nvidia. Look forward to the help.

:)

Kiều Ngọc Hoàng Hòa, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Dec 6, 2018
  3. KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Nafine Win User

Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro<br>
    Version 1803<br>
    Installed on 8/14/2018<br>
    OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video

1. Windows 10 screen flashes when playing Youtube video - Similar Threads - screen flashes playing

2. Youtube video not playing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube video not playing in windows 11: I have issue with youtube videos. Whenever I turn on my laptop, sometimes the youtube video plays normally but sometimes it just won't play. all the comments and everythings are loaded but the video keeps on buffering. THIS DOENOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIMES. SOMETIMES IT PLAYS ANS...
  3. Youtube video not playing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube video not playing in windows 11: I have issue with youtube videos. Whenever I turn on my laptop, sometimes the youtube video plays normally but sometimes it just won't play. all the comments and everythings are loaded but the video keeps on buffering. THIS DOENOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIMES. SOMETIMES IT PLAYS ANS...
  4. My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.: The screen does not keep flashing, only sometimes, I can never predict when it will happen. This has happened to me a few times while watching youtube full screen and playing different games. The hardware checked the service during the complaint and according to them,...
  5. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  6. Computer show blue screen when try to play YouTube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer show blue screen when try to play YouTube video: It started around 26th September. My win10 computer suddenly started showing blue screen, with 'page fault in nonpaged area' every time I try to play YouTube video. How can I solve this problem?...
  7. Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.

Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.: Whenever I start up youtube and click a video on my pc, the screen briefly flashes black, then turns back on. I am wondering if this might be something to do with the computer or the software....
  8. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  9. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  10. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube video keeps flashing windows 10

2. windows 10 screen keeps flashing when video playing

3. monitor flashes black full screen youtube

4. video playing flashing problem,
  5. screen is flickering when using Chrome or YouTube Windows10,
  6. win10 screen flashes flicker,
  7. screen flasheswhen playing videos windows10,
  8. windows 10 1809 and sound bar volume flashing on screen,
  9. screen flashes when playing youtube