Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Flashing on certain occasions.

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Flashing on certain occasions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I don't know if my problem is hardware or software so I decided to post here. I'm using Lenovo W540 20BG-S00200 with up-to-date drivers. OS -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I.St., Oct 23, 2020.

1. I.St. Win User

Windows 10 Screen Flashing on certain occasions.

Hello!

I don't know if my problem is hardware or software so I decided to post here.

I'm using Lenovo W540 20BG-S00200 with up-to-date drivers. OS - Win10
    On certain occasions the screen is flashing

Here I'm pressing "." dot on my numpad in a folder. If I press a letter/number key and there is no file starting with that letter/number - it flashes.
    Same results with On-Screen Keyboard and Bluetooth Keyboard I used this app on my phone. I don't know if that makes any difference but I wanted to know.

https://i.imgur.com/vDcGRkW.mp4

Another occasion is when I extract an archive. When the process finishes - screen flashes. I was curious to see if OBS will "catch" the flashing and it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdmgh4oUKLI

I have recently installed the newest GPU driver from Lenovo's website, but the flashing didn't go away.

Any thoughts?

:)

I.St., Oct 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2020
  3. My Screen keep flashing after updating to Windows 10 Version 17134

Hello Felicia,

A compatibility issue with Windows 10 April 2018 Update is a possible cause for the non-stop screen flashing issue. That being said, I will need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is the issue isolated to using Google Chrome? Are you experiencing the flashing issue when using a different program?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

For now, I suggest performing the troubleshooting steps outlined in this
    forum
    article
    . There's a possibility that your issue with Google Chrome is connected with the ongoing issue after installing
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The steps provided by Lonnie_L will restart your display adapter driver.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Screen Flashing on certain occasions. - Similar Threads - Screen Flashing certain

2. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  3. Windows 11 no response on occasion

Windows 11 no response on occasion: My OS is Windows 11. Sometimes, my OS will not respond to any of my action after around 1 min of boot. I have to force restart it.The error seems to beThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffbd0f5fb10b50,...
  4. Windows 11 no response on occasion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no response on occasion: My OS is Windows 11. Sometimes, my OS will not respond to any of my action after around 1 min of boot. I have to force restart it.The error seems to beThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffbd0f5fb10b50,...
  5. BOSD on random occasions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BOSD on random occasions: Hi guys. My dad bought me a beast of a computer which i'm very thankful for. The specs are: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59GHz Video Card: Radeon RX 570 Series RAM: 8 GB submitted by /u/onecoolredditboi [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 flashing screen and flashing toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 flashing screen and flashing toolbar: Hello After entering my password the windows 10 screen is flashing including the taskbar. I cannot type anything in the search box. I have looked at the Microsoft help forum but i could not find help. Please can someone help? thank you Vip...
  7. Flashing Screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing Screen Windows 10: Trying to fix Flashing Screen on Windows 10. When I log in the screen just flashes and I am unable to see icons or click on anything, all I can do is open up Task Manager. When I look at Services, State Reporting Service CPU Usage is through the roof, and the flashing stops...
  8. Windows 10 Screen Freezes on multiple occasions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Screen Freezes on multiple occasions: Already Performed the following -Checked the Event viewer to check the error occurrence -In the event viewer we viewed the alert Event 1000, Application Error -Performed sfc /scannow -Deleted the “temporary” files -Checked the memory utilization Optimal -Modify PCI...
  9. Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode: Hi, I'm having an issue with most of my games. For some unknown reason the programs will flash white and say that they are not responding, this only seems to happen if I use my mouse and click on the actual window. Considering most of the games this happens with require the...
  10. Certain apps installed will make my screen flash

Certain apps installed will make my screen flash: I've had this issue for a month or so when everything was working (all of my app were installed) for a month+ then I installed a new app and everything went downhill; I can't recall the name of the app. I've done a Refresh & Reset many times but eventually the screen...