Windows 10: windows 10 screen gets blank

Discus and support windows 10 screen gets blank in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I having windows 10 preinstalled in Lenovo laptop. after getting latest update when laptop is not in use the screen goes blank but the cpu is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshishSingh3001, Jan 24, 2019.

1. windows 10 screen gets blank

I having windows 10 preinstalled in Lenovo laptop. after getting latest update when laptop is not in use the screen goes blank but the cpu is still running. Whatever I do but screen doesn't get back to normal. to bring laptop to normal operation I have to hard shut it down.

kindly advise.

ashish

:)

AshishSingh3001, Jan 24, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 screen gets blank

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 screen gets blank

1. windows 10 screen gets blank - Similar Threads - screen gets blank

2. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen on windows 10: I have windows 10 home in my laptop. One day i installed my updates and the next day my laptop won't turn on , it would show the laptop brands logo then would go blank. So i opened automatic repair mode and tried to delete the updates but i couldn't then I watched a few...
  3. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen on windows 10: I have windows 10 home in my laptop. One day i installed my updates and the next day my laptop won't turn on , it would show the laptop brands logo then would go blank. So i opened automatic repair mode and tried to delete the updates but i couldn't then I watched a few...
  4. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Blank Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blank Screen: Recently my pc will just go blank randomly I have tried updating and reinstall my GPU drivers but it did not fix the problem. I have also noticed that it is still running when it goes blank I tested this by using skype and calling myself and waited for the screen to go blank...
  6. Windows 10 blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 blank screen: When i log in to windows 10, I see black screen and a cursor. I opened task manager and noticed that explorer.exe was missing. I run new task and run explorer and my desktop would be visible for a couple of seconds and go blank again and the status of the explorer says...
  7. Windows 10 blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 blank screen: When I turn my computer on, it works normally. But after a minute or so the screen blanks out. It just looks like a black screen with my mouse on it. I cannot access any applications or programs. I went to the task manager using control alt delete and looked through processes...
  8. Getting blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting blank/black screen: I wonder if anyone can help me. I am running Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite laptop. After entering my password the screen goes blank and no operations are possible. I have tried the in built Windows recovery options but using the repair option it eventually returns to the...
  9. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen on windows 10: When starting laptop, getting a black screen ,tried to use ctl+alt+del,so far had no success. Any advice would be much appreciated. Had quite a few problems with windows 10...
  10. Blank screen on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blank screen on windows 10: When starting laptop, getting a black screen ,tried to use ctl+alt+del,so far had no success. Any advice would be much appreciated. Had quite a few problems with windows 10...