Windows 10: Windows 10 screen going on and off at a constant rate.

Discus and support Windows 10 screen going on and off at a constant rate. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was working on my chrome browser but suddenly my windows screen is going on and off continuously and doesn't seem to respind to any if my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ApoorvSom, Jun 17, 2020.

1. ApoorvSom Win User

Windows 10 screen going on and off at a constant rate.

Hello, I was working on my chrome browser but suddenly my windows screen is going on and off continuously and doesn't seem to respind to any if my clicks and keyboard commands. Would be great if some one can address this issue please!

Thank you.

:)

ApoorvSom, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 17, 2020
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 screen going on and off at a constant rate. - Similar Threads - screen going off

2. Mouse Going Far Off Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Going Far Off Screen: Hi, so I am not sure whether I should be asking this here or messaging the support of my monitor, but I just got a new AOC monitor. I am not sure how to explain this, but normally when you try to move your mouse off screen, there is like a border that stops it from moving....
  3. Mouse Going Far Off Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Going Far Off Screen: Hi, so I am not sure whether I should be asking this here or messaging the support of my monitor, but I just got a new AOC monitor. I am not sure how to explain this, but normally when you try to move your mouse off screen, there is like a border that stops it from moving....
  4. Screen started going blurry off and on

Screen started going blurry off and on: Hello,Today the screen on my laptop started going blurry off and off. It started when I opened and started using Excel. So I looked for an update for Office and installed it. It worked for a little bit and then started doing it again randomly without office programs even...
  5. screen not going off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  6. screen not going off

screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  7. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  8. Page up key constantly going off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Page up key constantly going off: For about a month now my page up key has been constantly going off, the key itself is not stuck and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be really appreciated....
  9. Black screen going on and off on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen going on and off on desktop: My computer died recently and when i plugged it in and turned it back on and typed in my password it started to go to a black screen, then it would load and then go back to my desk top screen. I could open chrome and it stays open, but when i try to open control panel and...
  10. Windows 10 1809 and screen refresh rate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 and screen refresh rate.: After updating to 1809, my BenQ (XL2720-B) becomes hit or miss ever windows boot on 144mhz, sometimes only 60 or 100mhz when loaded and cant switch to 144, so i have to play lottery reboot. sometimes (i do that first) removing and attaching again DP-port works. My current...