Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm sorry for any bad grammar mistakes I might make, English is not exactly my first language and I this is also my first time posting here. I am also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MISAQUES_0101, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering

I'm sorry for any bad grammar mistakes I might make, English is not exactly my first language and I this is also my first time posting here. I am also on mobile and it's a bit hard to find mistakes on the touch screen.

I have had Windows 10 for more than a year now and I have never experienced anything like this. While watching youtube the screen started randomly flashing to black then back again repeatedly. As it keeps flashing, I notice some colored lines also appearing on the bottom when it is black. I have tried to find solutions to my problem and I know some similar questions have been asked before but the answers there did'nt do much help, but I would still appreciate any links to similar problems and any helpful advice/tips/fixes.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I have been having problems sleeping lately so I leave the desktop on with youtube to function as background noise so I can be less paranoid and I have been using my computer for hours during daytime to work on a project. This has left the computer running on for entire days so I am worried I may have overworked it or damaged any drives.

Another thing too, as soon as the computer first started flickering I restarted the computer a couple times. For the first restart, a notification popped up from Eset that it wanted to delete an unwanted application called ML/Augur (I am not sure if that is the name because of the flickering), so I am also worried this might be a virus I may have accidentally installed somehow. I tried to clean the it and it showed that eset had an error in cleaning it. Then I tried again but it just kept looping the popup, I mean that when I click the delete button the popup disappears then shows up again asking if I want to delete the unwanted application. I have never heard of this application before and I am super worried about it.

There is also a faint clicking noise every time the desktop flashes, it sounds like a mouse clicking repeatedly. I don't know what causes this...I wish I could post a video showing the screen but I don't really know nor do I think I can post one here. During restarts I notice there was a purple star thing that appeared next to the word Lenovo while the desktop is starting. I have never seen that before either.

I watched some youtube videos on how to fix this problem and one mentioned about the task flickering. Now, my task manager was'nt flickering but the disk was jumping from around 40% then instantly to 70-100% despite the running applications being in "low" or "very low".

Those are the things I noticed and I'm really starting to get paranoid about it too. I will be grateful for any help I could get and thank you for your time reading.

:)

MISAQUES_0101, Nov 3, 2019

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering

Windows button flickering screen

Hi,

To troubleshoot the screen flickering issue in Windows 10, we suggest performing the steps provided on this
    link and keep us posted with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering

1. Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering - Similar Threads - Screen Keeps Flashing

2. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  3. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  4. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  6. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?: To resolve this issue, please updateOffice to the newest version. Since the screen is flashing, you will need to do this using a command line. Please see this article for step by step instructions: Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in....
  9. Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem: Hello, for the past 2 or 3 months i've been having a really frustrating problem with my screen flashing or flickering black and then pausing a thing that's in fullscreen. There are two examples of what i'm meaning: Video 1 0:05, 0:025, Youtube video Video 2 Warthunder...
  10. Task bar flickers and screen flashes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar flickers and screen flashes black: a auto update happened and now when a domain user logs in the screen flashes and task bar flashes. If I log on to computer as local admin no issue Did DISM Did health Check Removed profile tried a user who never logged in works fine in safemode tried clean boot...