Windows 10: Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If your Windows 10 PC is refreshing itself automatically then there can be multiple reasons for this problem, but the most common is excessive load on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 8, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically

If your Windows 10 PC is refreshing itself automatically then there can be multiple reasons for this problem, but the most common is excessive load on the CPU. In this article, we are going to cover all the possible solutions to fix this issue.

Windows 10 keeps refreshing

If Windows 10 keeps refreshing itself on its own automatically, then here are a few things you need to take a look at:

1. Close apps that sync
    2. Disable unwanted apps from the startup list
    3. Uninstall any recently installed software
    4. Check Task Scheduler for tasks that may be running constantly
    5. Run SFC and DISM Scans.
    6. Update or Rollback Display drivers
    7. Use your PC in High-Performance mode
    8. Change display settings
    9. Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State.

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] Close apps that sync

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically OneDrive-End-Task.jpg

If your computer is refreshing automatically then this can mean that your CPU is having a hard time running all the apps in the background. One such category of apps that puts a lot of pressure on your processor is apps back up your computer’s files onto the cloud.

Two of the most common apps for Windows users are OneDrive and iCloud. So, To close these apps, right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager. Now, right-click on all the cloud apps and select End task.

Finally, restart the computer and see.

2] Disable unwanted apps from the Startup list

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically Disable-unwanted-apps-from-the-Startup-list.jpg

To disable unwanted apps from the Startup list, launch Task Manager from the Start menu. Go to the Startup tab, right-click on any unwanted app, and select Disable.

You need to check the list and disable all the apps that you are not using or don’t want to be launched during startup.

3] Uninstall any recently installed software

This problem can be because of any software that you have installed recently on your computer. Therefore, to fix the issue we are going to uninstall any recently installed software.

To do that, hit Win + X > Settings > Apps > search and select recently installed software> Uninstall.

Now, restart your computer and see.

4] Check Task Scheduler for tasks that may be running constantly

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically Check-Task-Scheduler-for-tasks-that-may-be-running-constantly-1.jpg

The next thing we need to do to resolve the issue is to check the Task Scheduler for tasks that are running constantly.

To do that, launch Task Scheduler from the Start menu, right-click on Task Scheduler (Local), select Display All Running Tasks. Now, select a task that is constantly running looking (you can identify them by checking the Run Duration) and click End Task.

Now, check if the problem persists.

5] Run SFC and DISM Scans

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically sfc.jpg

One of the most prominent reasons why your computer is refreshing automatically is the presence of corrupted files. To scan for corrupted files we are going run SFC and DISM scans.

To do that, hit Win + S > type cmd > Run as administrator. Now, type the following command and hit Enter.

sfc /scannow

Next, type this command and hit Enter:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After this restart your computer once to fix the issue.

Read: What does Refresh Desktop or Refresh explorer window actually do?

6] Update or Rollback Display drivers

Another way to fix the Windows 10 keeps refreshing issue is to either update or rollback your Display drivers.

Rollback Display drivers

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically Roll-Back-Driver.jpg

If you have recently updated your Display drivers then maybe the problem is because of that update. Therefore, we are going to roll back your drivers to fix the issue.

To do that, hit Win + X > Device Manager. Now, expand the Display adapters, right-click on your Display drivers, and select Properties.

Go to the Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver. If the option is greyed then this means that you are not using an updated version of the drivers. Therefore, you need to update the Display drivers.

Update Display drivers

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically Update-display-driver.jpg

If you conclude that you are using an outdated driver then updating it can fix the solution. To do that, launch Device Manager and expand Display adapters. Now, right-click on your Display drivers and select Update driver.

Now, a wizard will ask you to select either Search Automatically for updated driver software or Browse my computer for driver software. Select the latter if you have already downloaded the updated version, otherwise, choose the former option.

Read: How to restart Graphics Driver in Windows 10.

7] Use your PC in High-performance mode

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically High-performance.jpg

If the above step concludes that you didn’t have corrupted files or outdated drivers then we have to give more power to your CPU. For that, we are going to use your computer in High performance mode.

To do that, launch Control Panel by searching out of the Start menu, click Power Options > select High Performance. If you are not able to see the option, select Create a power plan > High performance > Next > Create.

Read: Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically.

8] Change Display Settings

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically change-picture-every.jpg

Another common reason behind this problem as per the report of many victims is slideshow wallpapers. Therefore, if you have selected a slideshow wallpaper removing or altering it can help in fixing the issue.

To do that, right-click on your Desktop, select Personalize and change the “Change picture every” option to either 1 or 6 days. This is not for everyone but for the users who use Slideshow Wallpapers.

9] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically Clean-boot-state.jpg

If none of the above-mentioned solutions resolved the Windows 10 keeps refreshing issue then you need to troubleshoot in Clean Boot State.

Clean-boot troubleshooting is designed to isolate a performance problem. To perform clean-boot troubleshooting, you must take a number of actions, and then restart the computer after each action. You may need to manually disable one item after another to try and pinpoint the one that is causing the problem. Once you have identified the offender, you can consider removing or disabling it.

To do that:

• Hit Win + S > type “msconfig” > Enter.
    • From the General tab, tick Local system services and Use original boot configuration, and untick Load startup items.
    • Go to the Services tab and tick Hide all Microsoft services.
    • Finally, click Disable all > Apply > OK and restart your computer.

Now, check if the problem persists in the Clean Boot State. If Windows 10 is not automatically refreshing in the Clean Boot State then this means that you are dealing with a software conflict issue.

Now, to narrow down your results, repeat the first 3, enable the first 5 services, and restart the computer. Repeat the steps till you know the exact cause of the issue.

Let us know if anything here helped you.

TIP: This post will help you if Taskbar & Desktop keeps refreshing with a black screen.

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically sfc.jpg
    This article Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 8, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Most items are refreshed automatically. I'll add driver details to items that get refreshed.

Adding F5 for complete refresh is a good suggestion

W1zzard, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

Naki, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically

1. Windows 10 screen keeps refreshing itself automatically - Similar Threads - screen keeps refreshing

2. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  3. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  4. Win 10 automatic screen refresh slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 automatic screen refresh slows to a crawl: After rebooting my Win 10 computers one desktop, one laptop, icons appear and disappear instantly when I make changes e.g., delete a file. After about an hour, I make a change and nothing happens until I manually refresh the desktop or open folder. I am running minimal...
  5. Windows Update keeps disabling itself automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update keeps disabling itself automatically in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user on Reddit reported as follows: My windows update is always […] This article Windows Update keeps disabling itself automatically in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. windows 10 keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 keeps refreshing!: Here's the full account. I was installing a game I got from a friend. By the end of it my PC crashed and restarted automatically. After the restart, the desktop kept refreshing it won't let me do anything. I alt+ctrl+deleted and opened task manager. The windows explorer was...
  7. windows 10 keeps refreshing

windows 10 keeps refreshing: windows 10 keeps refreshing, would not want to erase HD,what to do/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-refreshing/b6ed45fc-0e79-4407-a5b3-1fc36677fda1
  8. Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING: Tried the clean boot - no difference Turned off Wef - no difference Disabled everything and re enabled - no difference Reset system - no difference Could it be a hardware problem (even though the vid card seems to be ok) I am pulling my hair out ! (and I am bald so...
  9. Log in screen keeps refreshing.

Log in screen keeps refreshing.: Hello, my computer keeps refreshing every 1 to 3 seconds on the startup screen, i have attempted to use system recovery as well as safe mode and startup troubleshooting and repair, all of which failed due to an "unspecified error" or safe mode not loading, my computer is a...
  10. window refresh itself

in Windows 10 Support
    window refresh itself: I just updated the laptop from Windows 7 to 10. Everytime i open a window, the window keeps moving from the foreground to the background and back again. As a result, when typing, it is impossible to type for more than 3 or 4 keystrock before the window "refresh itself". Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen keeps refreshing