Windows 10: Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

Discus and support Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and turns to sleep mod every time when I leave my computer stand, which requires me to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ryan_141WL, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and turns to sleep mod every time when I leave my computer stand, which requires me to turn it on and put the password again and again.All the basic settings under power & sleep are set to more than 30 minutes.Please don't share with me one of these 2 cases, I've tried them and they didn't work:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/d43aee3e-94b2-4343-803e-02a7ede7cfd2https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-goes-to-sleep-after-one-minute-with-win

:)

Ryan_141WL, Jan 7, 2022
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Click on Power/Sleep but it goes to Lock screen instead

Hello @vincenzo,

Run the following commands to see if anything stands out. Copy ALL the below into a Command Prompt and press Enter . . .

Code:
    • When the above has finished processing . . .
    [1] Right-click on the title bar of the Administrator: Command Prompt Window > Edit > Select All.
    [2] Right-click on the title bar of the Administrator: Command Prompt Window again > Edit > Copy.

• Paste the results into your post using the
      Code:
      [/b] tags . . .
      [/list]
        [3] In your post, click the [b]Hashtag[/b] icon [b]#[/b].
        [4] Click [b]INSIDE[/b] the [b][CODE]Here[CODE][/b] tags and press the [b]Ctrl + V[/b] keys together.

[list]
      [*]In your post it will look like this . . .
      [/list]
          	Code:  	 [quote]
        <<< Results here >>>
        [/quote]     
        I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

Windows Sleep/Stand By Issues

Hi Joythar K, I did the steps you provided with no help. And no issues where found in the power troubleshooter. When my pc goes into stand by/sleep
    mode and I go to wake it up the screen stays black. I have to hold the power button down to turn off my computer and turn it back on to get it to go back to my desktop. The issue only happens when my computer goes to stand by/sleep mode. This issue started
    after the last windows 10 update. -Shawn

ShawnDCarter6921, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

1. Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand - Similar Threads - screen lock goes

2. Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle: Hi-I keep on getting blue screens whenever I leave my computer idle overnight. The report says:Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 101Parameter 1: 6Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: fffff80210225180Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  3. Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle: Hi-I keep on getting blue screens whenever I leave my computer idle overnight. The report says:Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 101Parameter 1: 6Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: fffff80210225180Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  4. Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand: My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and turns to sleep mod every time when I leave my computer stand, which requires me to turn it on and put the password again and again.All the basic settings under power & sleep are set to more than 30 minutes.Please...
  5. Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand

Windows 10 screen lock / goes to sleep every time when I physically leave my computer stand: My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and turns to sleep mod every time when I leave my computer stand, which requires me to turn it on and put the password again and again.All the basic settings under power & sleep are set to more than 30 minutes.Please...
  6. Windows 10 screen lock/get to sleep every time when I leave the computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen lock/get to sleep every time when I leave the computer: My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and shut down every time when I leave my computer stand, and require me to put the password in order to open it.All the basic settings under power & sleep are set to more than 30 minutes....
  7. Windows 10 screen lock/get to sleep every time when I leave the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen lock/get to sleep every time when I leave the computer: My Windows is getting off means that the screen is locked and shut down every time when I leave my computer stand, and require me to put the password in order to open it.All the basic settings under power & sleep are set to more than 30 minutes....
  8. Windows 10 screen lock/get to sleep every time when I leave the computer

9. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  10. Blue Screen error every time my computer goes to sleep/restarts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen error every time my computer goes to sleep/restarts?: I've tried to read up on this online but it seems there can be many issues. I've read some things about event viewer, minidumps, etc. Do you need any of those files? The stop code given is SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: rtsuvc.sys Any help would be very...