Windows 10: Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

Discus and support Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bajajoe, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Bajajoe Win User

Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week, so I hope this helps you and avoids the hassleCheers!

:)

Bajajoe, Jan 25, 2023

2. Screen goes black when I plug in the power cord since installing windows 10

Hi, I downloaded windows 10 yesterday and since then when I plug my laptop power cord in the screen goes black and it just sits with the black screen? if the power cord is in when I boot up the black screen also comes up? the only way I can use my brand
    new laptop is on battery power? it just won't work with the power cord in? what has gone wrong? please help Shani

ShaniClarke, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Screen goes black when I plug in the power cord since installing windows 10

I have experienced the same problem. Screen goes black when power cord is connected.

I found that the screen brightness adjustment is reversed.

Try for yourself.

Right click the start menu, open power options, choose when to turn off display, under plugged in adjust the brightness level towards the lower setting and the screen will brighten with power cord connected, save changes and restart.

This worked for me.

Maybe Microsoft need to look at this.

ThunderbirdGS, Jan 25, 2023
  4. mackpike Win User

Screen goes black when I plug in the power cord since installing windows 10

when I plug in power cord the screen goes blank

mackpike, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord - Similar Threads - screen power cord

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  4. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  5. Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.: Hi,I have a problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, it freezes. The screen flashes colors, then black screens. After the black screen goes away, the brightness raises and it can't be changed. Sometimes it freezes immediately, but other times there is a delay. It's...
  6. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  7. Black screen after unplugging power cord help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after unplugging power cord help: I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading dots please tell me how to fix this [IMG]...
  8. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  9. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  10. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8