Windows 10: Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I need help My windows 10 laptop Acer ES 14 screen randomly dies but in safe mode it works fine. The power is ON while this happens, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Justanothernormie57, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode

Hi, I need help

My windows 10 laptop Acer ES 14 screen randomly dies but in safe mode it works fine.

The power is ON while this happens, the screen just dies and I have to restart again to make it go away then minutes after start up, the screen dies Tried wiring it to a monitor but yeah it says no signal. I've tried the power settings but no luck I really don't know what's causing this problem...

Any help would be appreciated :

:)

Justanothernormie57, Feb 11, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode

1. Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode - Similar Threads - screen randomly dies

2. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  3. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  4. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  5. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  6. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  7. PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....: As the title states. The PC works just fine when booting into safe mode, but if I boot normally it shows a black screen right after the Windows logo (instead of the log-in screen). Failed GPU? SPECS AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Asus Prime B450M Asus GTX970 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V...
  8. Windows 10 washed out colors, works fine on safe mode but not on normal.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 washed out colors, works fine on safe mode but not on normal.: I have Windows 10 laptop with Nvidia GeForce 130mx graphics. I recently tried resetting my laptop, after which the colors on the display seems to be washed out! I checked it on Safe Mode, the colors work perfect there! But when using normal mode, it doesn't! I updated...
  9. can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode: I have tried everything system restore, ... but get errors when restoring I can access everything in Safe mode but any attempt to restore or revert just fails. In Advanced system restore does not work and ends in error, go back to previous versions same startup repair......
  10. Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode: Specs:i5-6600kGIGABYTE GA-Z170-MX 5 GAMING --> MSI Z270M MortarSamsung EVO 850 250GB SSDCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)WD 1TB HDD I installed some NVIDIA GTX1070 drivers around 2-3 months ago, and a week later I began to experience BSODs, usually...