Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Resolution

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Resolution in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Community, Ever since this pandemic has out-broken globally we have moved to Work From Home and hence the all round performance of our PC Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NareshVerma_16, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Screen Resolution

Hi Community,

Ever since this pandemic has out-broken globally we have moved to Work From Home and hence the all round performance of our PC Desktop or Laptop has become a necessity. Before this moment I didn't realize that the Display Resolution of my Laptop Lenovo G50 isn't the best as compared to other laptops of almost the same configuration. The best Display Resolution available for my Laptop is 1366*768 however I've seen many colleagues of mine have better than this with the same 15.6" Display.

I know it doesn't make a huge difference however I am just concern about the best results possible.

Just need help if I may have a way to get it updated to such a state where I can have the desired resolution of course better than mentioned above.
    My Laptop did come with Windows 10 as pre-installed.

- Naresh Verma

:)

NareshVerma_16, Apr 22, 2020

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Screen Resolution

1. Windows 10 Screen Resolution - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  5. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  8. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  9. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to fix screen resolution on my game: My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in the client side to 1920x1080 it over shoots and becomes barely interactable, also my keyboard keeps messing my my letters. my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change display ratio on second monitor

2. window size does not fit screen

3. second screen too str