Windows 10: windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent

Discus and support windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I expect my screensaver to protect my computer if I leave it unattended. The screen goes blank and when I return I should need my password to get in,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MartinCorney, Jun 7, 2019.

1. windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent

I expect my screensaver to protect my computer if I leave it unattended. The screen goes blank and when I return I should need my password to get in, but intermittently I find that when I return and press the start button, I get straight in without needing a password - there is no screensaver protecting the computer's security.

:)

MartinCorney, Jun 7, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 "Bubbles" Screen Saver

Hi guy's,

On Windows 7 the screen saver didn't go to a black screen but it showed the desktop. Not getting that with Windows 10. Whats the deal? Have GTX750Ti

rk3066, Jun 7, 2019
  3. wmcole Win User
    windows 10 screen saver shortcut

Here is what I want: Same access / functionality as in Win 8.1. That is:

• Right-click empty desktop space.
    • Select "Personalize"
    • Get a window with the same screen saver options (turn on / off, select a "screen saver"...) that in Windows 10, Microsoft is forcing me to access through Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Personalization ->Change Screen Saver.
    The Windows 8.1 two-step process was a much more user-friendly "experience" than is the Windows 10 four-step process.

wmc

wmcole, Jun 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent

screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent

1. windows 10 Screen saver is intermittent - Similar Threads - Screen saver intermittent

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. Windows 10 screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screen saver: My screen saver has stopped working. I did not change any settings. It simply does not ever start all day long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-screen-saver/895e4b7e-5fd7-4232-b796-2829b0325499
  4. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  5. Windows 10 Screen Saver

Windows 10 Screen Saver: Hi. my screensaver has stopped working the way it did when I first purchased the computer a month ago. It was displaying my photos as the screensaver and it filled the entire screen. It would display one or several photos, they would slowly zoom in and then move on to another...
  6. WIndows 10 screen saver

WIndows 10 screen saver: I been having this problem for a while now. No matter what I do my screen saver doesn't start. I can change screen savers, wait time, etc and nothing happens. The strange thing is my nephews account, on my pc, doesn't have that problem. The screen saver works just fine there,...
  7. Windows 10 Screen saver not activating

Windows 10 Screen saver not activating: I have a screen saver that will not activate after a few minutes; It will preview okay, just not display after a few minutes. I tried changing it to a one minute wait and nothing happens. It use to work but I may of accidentally changed something in power management settings....
  8. Windows 10 Screen saver not activating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Screen saver not activating: I have a screen saver that will not activate after a few minutes; It will preview okay, just not display after a few minutes. I tried changing it to a one minute wait and nothing happens. It use to work but I may of accidentally changed something in power management settings....
  9. Windows 10 screen saver settings

Windows 10 screen saver settings: How do I add transition effects on a "screen saver slideshow" for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-screen-saver-settings/091b4436-9d0b-4452-8f1e-fcee0c94e7af
  10. Screen savers Windows 10?

Screen savers Windows 10?: How do I find screen savers in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-savers-windows-10/147dc8ce-0bc4-44df-a771-abb64eb9924f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i retrieve my previous screen savor

2. windows screensaver intermittent