Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. Could this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlando1974, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

Hi, I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. Could this be because I've been downloading something in the background all this time?

:)

orlando1974, Nov 4, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 "Bubbles" Screen Saver

Hi guy's,

On Windows 7 the screen saver didn't go to a black screen but it showed the desktop. Not getting that with Windows 10. Whats the deal? Have GTX750Ti

rk3066, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the settings of Windows are not working the way they are supposed to.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Power.
    3. Click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Change the screen saver time and check.

1. Go to Settings >
      Personalization > Lock screen.
    2. Now click on Screen saver settings.
    3. On the screen saver window change the
      wait time as per your choice.
    4. Click on Apply and
      OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

1. Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died) - Similar Threads - Screen Saver starting

2. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  3. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  4. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  5. screen saver wont start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen saver wont start: windows 10 screen saver wont start automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-wont-start/576d41fc-9b0c-485c-aed7-27b0c37016fd
  6. Screen saver for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  7. Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died): Hi, I don't know if these issues could possibly be related but... I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. I use 3 monitors and I also noticed in the last 2 weeks that when I decide to turn...
  8. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...
  9. Screen saver over dual monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver over dual monitors in Windows 10: I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (1st Gen) as my second screen (and the laptop driving both monitors), and a ViewSonic VA2248m-LED 22IN monitor as my primary monitor. I would be interested in having the Windows screen saver display my chosen photo album (folder) across...
  10. screen saver on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...