Windows 10: windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

Discus and support windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The senior residence where I live just got 3 new Dell all-in-one computers with Windows 10. I am having difficulty getting Screen Snip to work using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hesed3, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Hesed3 Win User

windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

The senior residence where I live just got 3 new Dell all-in-one computers with Windows 10. I am having difficulty getting Screen Snip to work using Print Screen on the keyboard. I went into Settings and made the adjustment under Keyboard. Onr thing that I notice - I see that the key on the keyboard for Print Screen has a dual function and Print Screen is written in blue. Does that have something to do with the problem?

I am not sure of the model name, but it is an all-in-one.

Ed

:)

Hesed3, Dec 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Snipping Tool will no longer allow me to perform a Control Print Screen command to snip a menu.

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Are you trying pressing Print Screen button and then snip?

If you are trying to press print button and snip ,And if it is not working then I suggest you to check with
    on screen Keyboard. Please provide us the steps you have performed so that we can assist in a better way.

Suvarna Govinda, Dec 28, 2019
  4. windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

how to get an image of the entire screen (Print Screen)

Windows 10

I've tried windows key+Print Screen and alt+Print Screen and then Paste into Irfanview (a program that processes .png .jpg etc.) Apparently nothing is getting copied to the clipboard by Print Screen.

I normally use the snipping tool to capture screen shots. But in this case, the portion of the screen that I need to capture is a drop-down list that disappears when I bring up the snipping tool.

Thanks.

SweetTasha, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

1. windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen - Similar Threads - screen snip using

2. W11 snipping tool unable to print from snipping toll screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 snipping tool unable to print from snipping toll screen: My current version of the snipping tool app 11,2302.40I don't know when this was updated but now I am unable to print my screen shot directly from the snipping tool screen without saving the screen shot to my pictures folder. This now creates an few extra steps that I didn't...
  3. Disable Print Screen button to open screen snipping in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Print Screen button to open screen snipping in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows OS comes with a built-in screenshot utility called Snipping Tool that we all are well aware of. Snipping Tool utility lets you capture screenshots in free-form mode, window, rectangle mode, and full-screen mode. You just need to press Win+Shift+S hotkey to...
  4. Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...: I have 1 HDR monitor and 1 non-HDR monitor. If I capture from the non-HDR monitor, it captures fine, but from the HDR monitor, it looks like this: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004, using an Intel i7-6700K, an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, and two displays, one...
  5. Print Screen Use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen Use: How to use the Print Screen Key on desk top keyboard to capture a screen, using Windows 10, latest version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-use/15fef72b-6573-4821-b48f-476c3b3d1cbc
  6. Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem: [ATTACH] So lately if I want to screenshot both screens with print screen or just snip anything with the snipping tool my second monitor covers up a good portion of my main monitor. What could be causing this and how do I fix it? Edit: I think its making my left monitor...
  7. Print screen and Snip image - Amber tint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print screen and Snip image - Amber tint: The image colors are not copied as displayed when using PrtSc or Snip tool. Any recommendations please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-and-snip-image-amber-tint/62e73b60-3349-4669-ac0e-c3f66c26f967
  8. Windows 10 19H1 to improve screen snipping and printing experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to improve screen snipping and printing experience: In the fast ring of Windows Insider program, Microsoft has recently announced Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282 which is a part of the 19H1 release. This update is expected to come out sometime in March or April of 2019. In this update, there are lots of exciting new...
  9. Print Screen Button - snipping tool only?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Screen Button - snipping tool only?: Has Microsoft turned off the functionality of the one touch Print Screen Key ? The snipping tool is great but at times an immediate screen shot is required. It has not worked for 3 weeks now on two different keyboards. 112120
  10. Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 Starting with Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a screenshot....