Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Time issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Time issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my son reset his computer running Windows 10 and logged in with his Microsoft account. He had not used his account on the reset... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChristopherRabe, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Screen Time issues

Hello,

Recently my son reset his computer running Windows 10 and logged in with his Microsoft account. He had not used his account on the reset computer but set up the admin user as the account that was part of my family. It had screen time limits to my son removed himself from my family from the computer. When he rebooted he was still subject to screen time limits ad has since been un-able to login. It says he can request additional time but he's no longer connected to a family account.

We've tried reconnecting him to my family account but the screen time settings have no impact and he can still not login. He requests more time and I get an email and give him more but the computer still cannot be logged into.

I'm not sure what to do to get him into his computer at this point. His account is back to no longer being part of my family, he's not showing as part of my family so no screen time limits, his account shows his computer as a device in his personal account.

Basically I'm looking for a way to reset his computer to not have the screen time limitations that appear to be persist from the family account even though he's not part of that.

Can anyone help?

:)

ChristopherRabe, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 20, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Screen Time issues

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Screen Time issues

1. Windows 10 Screen Time issues - Similar Threads - Screen issues

2. Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen): Hi, We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces). Most users suffer from an intermittent bug where an empty grey bar (sometimes can be black) appears across the top of the main monitor which is completely...
  3. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: [ATTACH] I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen restart issue any time. Initially I was ignoring this issue. But gradually problem was happening more frequent. There was no such...
  4. random screen calibration issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    random screen calibration issue: Dear Community, My screen turns to a dark yellow tinted version at random times - sometimes every couple of minutes, at other times after half an hour. After the first couple of weeks, I figured it was a calibration issue. The problem was manageable by calibrating my screen...
  5. Blue Screen Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Issue: Did a clean install Windows 10 on July 11, 2019. Yesterday and today got blue Screen issue for no apparent reason, just surfing the net. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: d1 Parameter 1: 8 Parameter 2: 2 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4:...
  6. Forza Motorsport 7 black screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport 7 black screen issue: Hello, a noob here (as far as fixing things go), for the last number of weeks since I updated windows to 1903, I have had countless issues with Windows Store games. Most notably, FM7... I'll be in detail here First time I downloaded, it did not even load into the intro. It...
  7. My windows 10 pc asks for activation and shows blank screen. How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 pc asks for activation and shows blank screen. How to fix this issue: My windows 10 pc asks for activation and shows blank screen. How to fix this issue [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-asks-for-activation-and-shows/8e007623-6f62-49da-9d76-3996d6881c55
  8. Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches: Some Windows 10 devices may boot to a black screen when they are started for the first time after installing the latest updates for the systems. Microsoft acknowledged the issue on June 14, 2019. Client and server editions of Windows 10 are affected by the issue according to...
  9. Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.: As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up...
  10. Multi OS boot screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multi OS boot screen issue: Hi, I have 3 OS on 1 Disk Drive (3partitions), 2x w8.1pro 64bit (not activated) & w10pro 64bit (activated). normally ok but the boot screen did not show & the pc booted into the latest installation, w10. I fixed this by changing setting the default in System Configuration &...