Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off

Discus and support Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a problem with the Screen Time settings of my child. He has blocked access on weekdays and he can use the computer only on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Trandaa, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Trandaa Win User

Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off

Hello everyone
    I have a problem with the Screen Time settings of my child. He has blocked access on weekdays and he can use the computer only on weekends afternoon. But sometimes he still can use the computer on weekdays or weekend late in evening. My issue is, that when this happens, the website switch for screen time is switched off (and no, I didn't turn it off). So I turn it on again, it works for few days, when lucky even a week, and then it's off again.
    I am the only person who has access to parental controls and he is the only child. He use his desktop only. Is there anyone with the same problem and have a solution? Such actions like deleting files from Parental Controls folder, verifying account, remove and re-add child account haven't helped...
    It's driving me nuts....
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

Trandaa, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off - Similar Threads - Screen turning itself

2. Screentime turning turning itself off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  3. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  4. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself: Hi guys! I would like to ask if somebody knows how to fix a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop that suddenly shut down. It just started doing it this month. It is a 2 years old laptop. When the screen turn black, I can still hear the exhaust and the light on the power button is still...
  6. Defender turned itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender turned itself off: Split from this thread. Windows defender for windows 8.1 has turned off on my computer and I can not figure out how to turn it back on? It all started when Windows defender showed red then switched to turned off....
  7. Screen Time Turns on by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Turns on by itself: So, yesterday I restarted my laptop because of an update and when I opened google to start doing my school work again it a Microsoft Family features pop up came up instead of google. The pop up said I needed to ask my family for more time on google. I am part of a family but...
  8. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  9. Screen Time isn’t Turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Time isn’t Turning off.: I haven’t used my laptop in a while, and when I went to go use it it said I still had screen time limits on. On my mom’s profile, it says that all restrictions are turned off. But it still stays locked....
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...