Windows 10: Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".

Discus and support Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed the official release of Windows 10 on five PCs. On two of the five PCs, even though I have both the Screen Saver and Screen Timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colin415, Jul 29, 2015.

1. colin415 Win User

Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".

I just installed the official release of Windows 10 on five PCs.

On two of the five PCs, even though I have both the Screen Saver and Screen Timeout set to "Never", Windows 10 blanks the monitor after 1 minute of inactivity.

I've checked every setting I can think of and even the Nvidia Control Panel, but nothing seems to prevent the timeout event.

:)

colin415, Jul 29, 2015
  2. morete Win User

Streaming Audio Disconnects From Internet

I have an Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 Mobile. When I stream audio from different websites using Bluetooth earphones, the audio connection times out after 10 minutes of continuous streaming while the screen is locked. I press the lock screen button
    to save on the phone's battery charge. Is there a setting in the OS that can allow the stream to be continuous without the disconnection? My phone always shows five bars of LTE and I do not experience any other connectivity issues. Lock screen time-out
    is set to "never". I did not see a "PIN time-out" option in settings.

morete, Jul 29, 2015
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Jul 29, 2015
  4. colin415 Win User

Sorry everybody, I found the problem.

I'm embarrassed to report that due to confusion between host and remote PC settings, I was only focused on the remote PC settings which were both set to "Never" for timeout and screen saver.

The host PC was set to "Never" for timeout but to "Blank" for screen saver. I never realized that the host PC settings override the remote PC settings.

Sorry for the false alarm.

colin415, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never". - Similar Threads - Screen times set

2. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never': My screen will lock less than 10 minutes after I have stopped actively using it. I have changed the screen timeout settings to 'never' for both when the laptop is plugged in and when it is running on battery power. I have also tried to change the time to '1 hour' to see if...
  3. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never': My screen will lock less than 10 minutes after I have stopped actively using it. I have changed the screen timeout settings to 'never' for both when the laptop is plugged in and when it is running on battery power. I have also tried to change the time to '1 hour' to see if...
  4. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER": Hi All Having an issue with Windows continually sleeping, going to lock screen and then having to continually log back in. All preferences for "sleep" and "screen" have been set to "NEVER". This is becoming very frustrating when talking to a PowerPoint presentation...
  6. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...
  7. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...
  8. Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings

Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings: My screen is timing out in less then a minute. I changed in the personalization screen but it is still timing out. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time-time-out-settings/52460c6d-2820-4751-bea2-3e5c0e5bdc34
  9. Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

Screen times out even though it is set to never time out: Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem. It started for no apparent reason. I called Microsoft support and they reloaded Windows 10 but the problem still persists. The only time I do not have a problem is in Powerpoint slide presentation mode. If I have...
  10. Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically: I live in Australia. I have Windows 10. Windows is successfully activated. I have multiple custom built desktops. Since Windows XP, Windows have never set the time automatically on most of the my desktops. It does however set time on laptops automatically. When I go in to...