Windows 10: Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down

Discus and support Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yup it's happening almost everytime i try to scrolling down pages by using the touchpad from my laptop, screen turn off by itself or maybe goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffTheFlyingFish, May 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down

Yup it's happening almost everytime i try to scrolling down pages by using the touchpad from my laptop, screen turn off by itself or maybe goes to sleep mode or something like that from some similiar cases i already read, but is there any solution for this problem? thanks.

:)

JeffTheFlyingFish, May 22, 2019
  2. Miree Win User

touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, May 22, 2019
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 22, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down

Touch pad scroll not working after windows 10 update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview. It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would suggest you to check whether touchpad has been enabled or not.

1. In the Search box, type touchpad.

2. Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

3. Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note:

a. When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

b. Touch or click Additional mouse options.

c. Locate the Touchpad or ClickPad tab, there will be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Let us troubleshoot on this issue by reinstalling the drivers for touchpad and check the issue:

Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Un-install the drivers. Follow these steps to do so:

a. Type device manager search box and hit enter.

b. Right click on the touchpad drivers and select Uninstall.

c. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Download and install the latest touchpad drivers for from manufacturer’s website in compatibility mode. Since drivers are not available for Windows 10 you can install the available drivers on manufacturer website in compatibility mode.

Let us know the result. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down

1. Windows 10 , Screen Turn Off By It Self When Touching The Touchpad e.g : Scroll Down - Similar Threads - Screen Turn Off

2. Windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self: I was wondering why my windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self. For example i would be on a trusted site and the side bar would just roll down and not stop. This is constantly happening to me, and I've saw other complaints and they were left unread. This is getting in the...
  3. Windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self: I was wondering why my windows 11 keeps scrolling down by its self. For example i would be on a trusted site and the side bar would just roll down and not stop. This is constantly happening to me, and I've saw other complaints and they were left unread. This is getting in the...
  4. everything is scrolling down on windows by it self ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everything is scrolling down on windows by it self ?: so title says it the best its scrolling sideways if its possible and down after. i have no clue what the issue is . i switched to 3 difference mice and nothing . so im down to it being a windows issue . it happened between last night and now when i got home . i thought it was...
  5. Automatic scrolling down everywhere in windows 10! Tried to turn off touchpad and use...

Automatic scrolling down everywhere in windows 10! Tried to turn off touchpad and use...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aman1659 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf2lx1/automatic_scrolling_down_everywhere_in_windows_10/
  6. How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen

How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen: My touch pad and touch screen are off. Oops. Can I turn them on with my keyboard or do i have to buy a mouse? submitted by /u/primetimepimp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/em0zgx/how_to_turn_on_touchpad_with_no_touch_screen/
  7. turn off touchpad for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off touchpad for windows 10: Hi I have an HP Stream and I'm trying to turn off the touchpad so I can just use the USB Mouse could yall please help me figure out how to turn it off thank you....
  8. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9
  9. Turn on scrolling on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn on scrolling on Touchpad: Hello, I have an issue. So today I bought Lenovo ideapad320 and I installed Windows 10, I need to turn on scrolling on Touchpad and I tried many things and nothing works. If there is anyone who can help me I'll be grateful....
  10. touch screen scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    touch screen scrolling: I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching and moving my fingers up or down. The other touch functions still work, like going to links or sites, the 'click here' (touch...