Windows 10: Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

Discus and support Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joseph Hagan1, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics driver from windows update and Nvidia graphics driver from Nvidia website with latest windows 10 driver. I dont really remember that is this problem from beginning or after driver installations, but I feel that the drivers are right for windows 10 and my device. Still if I am wrong then please rectify my error . Wait

:)

Joseph Hagan1, Oct 16, 2022
  2. NV Steve Win User

Plugging in power cord turns off screen in Windows 10. Please Help!

I have an Acer Aspire E15 laptop, I've been using it with Windows 8.1 until I did a clean install of Windows 10 recently. Normally, when I get the warning notice that I have 10% power left, I plug in the power cord and continue work. But now when I plug
    the cord in, it turns off the screen (goes black). I still get audio but no video. If I unplug the cord, the screen comes back. What's going on? I've never had this issue with Win 8.1 or any other OS version before.

NV Steve, Oct 16, 2022
  3. windows 10 install 10 srceen blank unless I unplug power cord

installed windows 10 after that screen goes black when power cord plug in unplug power cord and windows 10 works fine. why

StevenRoozen, Oct 16, 2022
  4. Smitty W. Win User

Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Oct 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

1. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD - Similar Threads - SCREEN TURNS OFF

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  5. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged: I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the bios screen. Here are the list of conditions/symptoms - when unplugging the cord, screen turns off, when plugged in,...
  6. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out. As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the OEM of your graphics chip. Most likely Intel or AMD. Each manufacturer has software that deals directly with the hardware....
  7. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....
  8. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  9. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!...
  10. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery...