Windows 10: (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation

Discus and support (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptops screen will not turn on when i turn on my laptop after it has hibernated but the screen will turn on if i shut down my laptop and turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nicholas-Josey, Nov 24, 2018.

1. (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation

my laptops screen will not turn on when i turn on my laptop after it has hibernated but the screen will turn on if i shut down my laptop and turn it back on, im going to look in event viewer and see if i can find anything useful

:)

Nicholas-Josey, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Nov 24, 2018
  4. (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation

Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

(Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation

1. (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation - Similar Threads - Screen Wont Turn

2. Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after: Hi,When I put my pc into hibernation, it sometimes turns on on its own and bluescreens after. It's a fairly clean install of windows 10.Specs: AMD phenom xII 955undervolted for cooling purposesAMD r9 270xGigabyte mobo PCIe GbE Ethernet adapterone old and one newIt started...
  3. Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after: Hi,When I put my pc into hibernation, it sometimes turns on on its own and bluescreens after. It's a fairly clean install of windows 10.Specs: AMD phenom xII 955undervolted for cooling purposesAMD r9 270xGigabyte mobo PCIe GbE Ethernet adapterone old and one newIt started...
  4. Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn on: So I went to restart my laptop then I accidentally pressed the power button so it turned off but now it wont turn back on how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-turn-on/557f9e76-fa68-4bc1-9ab8-e84f9a098b03
  6. My laptop wont turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn on.: Hello, I just want to ask a question.My laptop has been not used for a 2 days, and when i charge it, the battery shows as red battery icon which the laptop is low battery. After waiting for 2 hours of charging, my laptop wont turn on when i press power button. I tried to...
  7. My laptop wont turn on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop wont turn on.: Hello, I just want to ask a question.My laptop has been not used for a 2 days, and when i charge it, the battery shows as red battery icon which the laptop is low battery. After waiting for 2 hours of charging, my laptop wont turn on when i press power button. I tried to...
  8. My laptop screen wont turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen wont turn on: My laptop randomly shut off one night I tried to turn it back on and the laptop did turn on but the screen was black, the fans would turn on at max then shut off, it would repeat this in a loop until I held the power button. I've tried unplugging the battery and holding the...
  9. My windows 10 laptop is back screen when I turn it on and when I turn it off and turn...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows 10 laptop is back screen when I turn it on and when I turn it off and turn...: Hi so recently i upgraded my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10 and yesterday when i turned it on it turned on but it was black screen i turned it off and turned it kn again it turned on now alaways i have to turn it off and on again to make my laptop work please tell me a...
  10. my laptop wont turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop wont turn on: my laptop is the white hp 15-r23ne. it was working one hour ago. it was on battery and the battery was about to empty. i was busy somewhere else. i heard the laptop beep a few times and then it switched off now it wont switch on. when i press the power button the red light...