Windows 10: Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues?

Discus and support Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Users at my firm are finding that their screensavers .scr are not activating after timeout period elapses 15 minutes I'm reading that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oMurchu70, Jan 24, 2020.

1. oMurchu70 Win User

Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues?

Hello,

Users at my firm are finding that their screensavers .scr are not activating after timeout period elapses 15 minutes

I'm reading that screensaver is being deprecated in Windows 10 but also this from Microsoft:

Screen saver functionality in Group Policies, Control Panel, and Sysprepcontinues to be functional.

Lock screen features and policies are preferred.

User is running Windows 10.0 17134 on both a desktop computer and a Windows Surface Pro.

The Surface Pro screensaver is behaving normally. The desktop is not.

Throughout our enterprise the screensaver appears to be working fine on some machines not so on others.

Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks

Joe

:)

oMurchu70, Jan 24, 2020

2. Deprecated screensaver functionality

I'm working on a Windows Form screensaver but now I've seen the following information (Windows 10 - Features that have been removed - Windows Deployment)

The feature removed announcement of Windows 10 Fall creators states that the screen saver functionality in Group Policies, Control Panel, and Sysprep is now deprecated. But nowwhere can be found on that term
    this is. Where can I find this information? Is it in an update of server 2016 or later? Date?

Netpresenter Support, Jan 24, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues? :)

terrace, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues?

Deprecated screensaver functionality

Hi,

Some features are removed and deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention. We encourage that you submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so we can do a further investigation on this.

Submitting your feedback in Windows Feedback hub will help us gather information regarding your concern so we can determine what's causing the issue. Your feedback will also help collate bugs and known issues, as well as the suggestions that will help improve
    the Windows operating system. Using the collected data, the engineers will come up with an update that will improve Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues?

1. Windows 10 Screensaver deprecation / issues? - Similar Threads - Screensaver deprecation issues

2. Issues with my screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with my screensaver: How can I make my screensaver smaller because it is showing blurry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-my-screensaver/dec33204-c506-417d-86a6-300dfd6b37f3
  3. Screensaver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver issue: Hi, I choose one of my folder as my screensaver. How can I make it smaller so it would not be blurry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-issue/e1aeff80-1232-40a1-96e7-1efbbc59adb3
  4. Screensaver issue

Screensaver issue: Hi, I choose one of my folder as my screensaver. How can I make it smaller so it would not be blurry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-issue/e1aeff80-1232-40a1-96e7-1efbbc59adb3
  5. Screensaver issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. screensaver background issue

screensaver background issue: I choose one folder as my screensaver background on my laptop. How can I make it smaller? It covers the whole screen but some of them is blurry and hard to enjoy....
  7. Screensaver Issues

Screensaver Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home version. For my screensaver, I have selected the "Photos" option, and in settings, I have selected the folder titled "Pictures." However, the screensaver is using jpeg files stored anywhere on my computer e.g. picture of headstones stored in a...
  8. Screensaver issue...

Screensaver issue...: I'm having a serious issue with my screensaver. Anytime I step away from my laptop...within a minute or so it will go directly into screensaver mode. This is with the screensaver disabled. How do I fix this problem...it's driving me nuts. 43584
  9. Screensaver issues

Screensaver issues: Question- Why can't I get my screensaver to stay on. I have downloaded ones and windows ones. They work one or two times then Windows resets it to 1 minute but it never comes on. Any help? 21452
  10. Deprecated

Deprecated: Deprecated - please delete 36590