Windows 10: Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

Discus and support Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if these issues could possibly be related but... I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlando1974, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

Hi, I don't know if these issues could possibly be related but... I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. I use 3 monitors and I also noticed in the last 2 weeks that when I decide to turn off the 2nd one (Asus ProArt 248Q), I can't get the display back when I turn it back on, unless I disconnect the power cable from it and reconnect it. This morning, the monitor just won't turn on anymore! Tried different cable etc...

So looking for solution to the screen saver not kickin in after 5 minutes - could this be because I've been downloading something in the background all this time?

And also wondering if anyone had other monitor issues as a result of latest Win update - and if the monitor "powering" problem could have been related to the screen saver issue?

:)

orlando1974, Nov 1, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died) :)

terrace, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, Nov 1, 2019
  4. JATownes Win User

Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

screensaver versus no screensaver

No screensaver, just set the monitor to power down after 10 minutes though. I do miss the days of badass 3-D screensavers sometimes though.

JATownes, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

1. Windows 10 ScreenSaver not starting (and 1 monitor died) - Similar Threads - ScreenSaver starting monitor

2. Windows 10 Screensaver Across Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screensaver Across Two Monitors: I recently bought a new monitor but decided to keep the old monitor in a dual monitor setup. The new monitor is much larger than the old. When my screen saver comes on, I get black on the outside edges of each monitor and the screensaver image split between the two. It looks...
  3. Screensaver on one monitor?

Screensaver on one monitor?: Hi. I'm using an HP all-in-one with the latest build of Windows 10, and I've connected an old Walker TV to it to use as a secondary monitor. The multiple monitor set-up works fine, and they're both set to 1080p, which is the native resolution on both. However, the TV...
  4. Screensaver/Monitor problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screensaver/Monitor problem.: Recently, I have been having nothing but problems with monitors STAYING off when it kicks in screensaver kicks in after 15 min and monitors shut off 5 min later. The problem is is that between 2000 and 2200 EVERY BLOODY NIGHT, the monitors suddenly become active. Now, you...
  5. Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died): Hi, I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. Could this be because I've been downloading something in the background all this time? 143648
  6. Windows 10 screensaver won't start anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screensaver won't start anymore: I just noticed this a few days ago. It's a custom screensaver, not a Windows 10 default one. I downloaded it from a 3rd party. It worked for years until just recently, not it stopped. I downloaded another one and tried it and it does the same thing. I have my screensaver set...
  7. Twin monitor Screensaver.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Twin monitor Screensaver.: This may seem a mundane question. However, it is irritating me. I have two monitors and when I start the screen saver it only shows on one screen. Is it possible for the screen saver to show over both screens? Many thanks for any ideas....
  8. Screensaver in Windows 10 does not start

Screensaver in Windows 10 does not start: The screensaver in Windows 10 does not start. What steps can I take? Please make them somewhat simple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-in-windows-10-does-not-start/fe60fa0a-93cb-4ec9-a138-70b886422a49
  9. Screensaver won't start

Screensaver won't start: I noticed these days screensaver doesn't start. I tried to reset theme, also apply different screensaver, but nothing helps. Please help. I don't like leaving my monitor on a static picture. 73924
  10. Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors: I've searched the web extensively and read pretty much all of the solutions offered up the the screensaver issues in Windows 10 [and the variety of issues indicates Microsoft has some work to do], but none of them seem to work for me. I don't care about saving my monitor,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen saver not starting