Windows 10: Windows 10 Screensaver

Discus and support Windows 10 Screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP Desktop with Win 10. My issue is that after setting up a screensaver, when the screen times out, I get a blank black screen. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffA Warner, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Screensaver

I have a brand new HP Desktop with Win 10. My issue is that after setting up a screensaver, when the screen times out, I get a blank black screen. This is regardless of the type of program I use photos,mystify,bubbles I have consulted both MS and HP with no luck. MS even had me download and install the MS Iso app to reinstall WinX. My question is this. There is a setting within Timing Out that says "When plugged in turn off after XX minutes. It is set to 30. Then in screen saver settings it says "wait XX minutes. I have set this to 15. How do these two settings affect the process? Which one actually determines when the screen times out and ostensibly goes to screensaver? One of the HP "techs" suggested I may have a faulty OS and need to reset to factory settings. Ouch! Can anyone enlighten this old man? Thank you, Jeff

:)

JeffA Warner, Jan 3, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 Screensaver :)

terrace, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Screensaver

cant work out how to set the screensaver with windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu.
    • Type Screensaver and click on Change screensaver.
    • In the dialogue box, select the screensaver you want. You may also change the settings from there.

Let us know If you need any further help. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank You

Sahil Bali, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Screensaver

1. Windows 10 Screensaver - Similar Threads - Screensaver

2. Screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver: I have 57" G9 and a 27" screen above it. When screensaver goes on the image is split across both screens and looks ridiculous. How do I change the screensaver screen settings? I want the image on 1 screen only! Or separate picture for each screen. Or anything that just not...
  3. Screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver: I have 57" G9 and a 27" screen above it. When screensaver goes on the image is split across both screens and looks ridiculous. How do I change the screensaver screen settings? I want the image on 1 screen only! Or separate picture for each screen. Or anything that just not...
  4. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  5. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  6. Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing": I set the screensaver to use images on shuffle from a folder with thousands of images.Made sure in Power Settings -> Slideshow is Enabled.It works in preview, but I get the error message above when it actually pulls up the screensaver. It shows one or two images in the...
  7. Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing"

Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing": I set the screensaver to use images on shuffle from a folder with thousands of images.Made sure in Power Settings -> Slideshow is Enabled.It works in preview, but I get the error message above when it actually pulls up the screensaver. It shows one or two images in the...
  8. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  9. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  10. possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?

possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?: i am currently trying to setup up the carousel screensaver with a couple of company images as a screensaver.this has been working fine on old AD setup but now we are migrating over to intune and unable to locate the function via the templates.anyone got any ideas if this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the new screensavers called in windows 10