Windows 10: Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, first time here so don't shoot!! I know i do not need them but i have recently purchased the full suite of 3Planesoft Screensavers, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheBigMatt1, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?

Hi All,

first time here so don't shoot!!

I know i do not need them but i have recently purchased the full suite of 3Planesoft Screensavers, there are a total of 107 currently. I have installed them without issue.

However there is one small problem, the Screensaver Control Panel will not list all the Screensavers in the drop down menu, it only shows a list of approx 99, which when you include the windows default screensavers means there are a few missing.

Is there a registry setting that can be altered to increase the number in the list?

I can of course set windows to use the 3Planesoft Control Panel as the active screensaver and control the screensaver that is shown via that, but i would prefer to see them all listed in the windows screensaver setting panel

I have Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 Build 18362.418 if this info helps.

cheers Matt

:)

TheBigMatt1, Oct 19, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit? :)

terrace, Oct 19, 2019
  3. How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?

1. Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit? - Similar Threads - Screensavers limit

2. Screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver: I have 57" G9 and a 27" screen above it. When screensaver goes on the image is split across both screens and looks ridiculous. How do I change the screensaver screen settings? I want the image on 1 screen only! Or separate picture for each screen. Or anything that just not...
  3. Screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver: I have 57" G9 and a 27" screen above it. When screensaver goes on the image is split across both screens and looks ridiculous. How do I change the screensaver screen settings? I want the image on 1 screen only! Or separate picture for each screen. Or anything that just not...
  4. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  5. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  6. Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing": I set the screensaver to use images on shuffle from a folder with thousands of images.Made sure in Power Settings -> Slideshow is Enabled.It works in preview, but I get the error message above when it actually pulls up the screensaver. It shows one or two images in the...
  7. Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing"

Windows 11 Screensaver Slide Show "An error is preventing this slideshow from playing": I set the screensaver to use images on shuffle from a folder with thousands of images.Made sure in Power Settings -> Slideshow is Enabled.It works in preview, but I get the error message above when it actually pulls up the screensaver. It shows one or two images in the...
  8. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  9. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  10. Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Screensavers - Is there a limit?: i All, first time here so don't shoot!! I know i do not need them but i have recently purchased the full suite of 3Planesoft Screensavers, there are a total of 107 currently.I have installed them without issue. However there is one small problem, the Screensaver Control...