Windows 10: Windows 10 screenshot performance issues

Discus and support Windows 10 screenshot performance issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently read of a Windows 10 screenshot function, using windows key + print screen key combination. I tried it, and this does indeed make a fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [jst], Dec 19, 2020.

1. [jst] Win User

Windows 10 screenshot performance issues

I recently read of a Windows 10 screenshot function, using windows key + print screen key combination. I tried it, and this does indeed make a fine .png screenshot, placed in WIndows supplied folder Quick access\Pictures\Screenshots. The problem is accessing the screenshot files and even that folder in Windows Explorer. Doing this bogs down the machine and locks up Windows Explorer. Using Task Manager to end the Windows Explorer process leaves the system unusable and only a restart will fix it.

The system is W10 Pro 64 bit, Sony All-In-One VPCL2290X, Core i7-2720QM cpu, 8 gb ram.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Jeff

:)

[jst], Dec 19, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Windows 10 screenshot performance issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 screenshot performance issues

Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 screenshot performance issues

1. Windows 10 screenshot performance issues - Similar Threads - screenshot performance issues

2. Performance issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance issues with Windows 10: I have scanned my PC with Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Roguekiller, Super Antispyware, Microsoft Defender Offline, and Microsoft Safety Scanner. But all of them detected no threats and no unwanted programs. My PC's version is 20H2, and I have updated all to the latest. I have...
  3. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hey. I noticed recently that Windows 10 runs sluggishly on my PC. Normal answers include low HD/RAM space, both of which I have more than enough of for Win. 10. In fact, I actually recently installed Windows 10 on my friend's high-end computer, and it seems to run really...
  4. Windows 10 Performance issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Performance issue: Hello there, My Windows 10 PC , was running fine for months, but from last week abruptly started slowing, as soon as windows logs on, no internet connection(connected via Wifi) even though i could connect through laptops and phone devices, commands @ command prompt isnt...
  5. Windows 10 Performance issue

Windows 10 Performance issue: Hello there, My Windows 10 PC , was running fine for months, but from last week abruptly started slowing, as soon as windows logs on, no internet connectionconnected via Wifi even though i could connect through laptops and phone devices, commands @ command prompt isnt...
  6. windows 10 performance issue

windows 10 performance issue: auto restart and slow one app open take 10 second how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-issue/ae68cf08-d670-4b49-90b3-cb4c6ffc8cd9
  7. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I am having some performance problems on my Acer Aspire 3. The CPU usage is always at 100%, sometimes the hard drive usage is also at 100%, I found corrupted files when using sfc /scannow. The processor is AMD A4, which is a processor I have never...
  8. Windows 10 Performance issue

Windows 10 Performance issue: Why is it that lately the screen on one of my Windows 10 PCs just goes blank and displays the following message: “Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Medium in selected Boot device and press a key” Then, if I turn off the PC and restart, Windows 10 boots...
  9. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I am experiencing much lower battery life (even with battery saver). I am also having slow performance on startup and freezing/crashing from time to time. Is there anything I can do to fix this or should I try to go back to Windows...
  10. Windows 10 performance issue

Windows 10 performance issue: Hello, I bought a new laptop with the following configuration 1. 1TB HDD 2. 4 GB RAM 3. Intel i3 8 gen 4. Windows 10 From the start of the day, it's taking more than 20 sec to respond on any action, Like File Explorer, Edge etc I didn't installed any external...