Windows 10: Windows 10 screenshot save location

Discus and support Windows 10 screenshot save location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a debloat from farag2 github project and after that my screenshot save location is somehow changed. I want to change it to default loction that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/npc73, Jul 6, 2020.

1. /u/npc73 Win User

Windows 10 screenshot save location

I did a debloat from farag2 github project and after that my screenshot save location is somehow changed. I want to change it to default loction that is Pictures>>Screenshots. I googled it and it provided to go to properties of Screenshots folder and change from the Location tab but in my Screenshot folder properties there is no Location tab. How do I change it now?

submitted by /u/npc73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/npc73, Jul 6, 2020

2. Cannot locate screenshots

Thank you for the suggestions.

I followed instructions in https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

but the screenshot that I took was not listed where is was supposed to be (in Recents).

The recommended link https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

tells me to click on the screenshots folder, but as you know I don't have that folder.

NOTE:

When I click the Windows key plus PrntScr, the screen does NOT dim. Instead, the "Start" menu appears.

So I think that that key combination is not saving the screenshot at all, anywhere. That would explain why there is nothing on the clipboard.

Do you have any suggestions for verifying that the Windows key plus PrntScr is taking the screenshot?

WilliamJSlade, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Cannot locate screenshots

My apologies. I thought you didn't want to use Windows key + PrtScrn shortcut.

The Screenshots folder is only created after first screenshot is taken.

If the issue is that you are using WIndows key + PrtScrn and it isn't saving Screenshots then see fixes here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-not-sa...

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

(Please avoid clicking unwanted ad links, just follow excellent editorial steps)

How to locate and move the Screenshots folder location:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 screenshot save location

Screenshots no longer being saved to well, screenshots.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Windows 10 not saving captured Screenshots in Pictures folder

• Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe
      in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

3. In the right pane of this location look for the ScreenshotIndex
    named DWORD (REG_DWORD). Since you’re facing the issue of screenshots not being saved, you’ll find this DWORD missing. So create the same using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value. Double click on the same DWORD to modify its Value data:

4. In the above shown box, first select the Decimal base and then input the Value data as 695. Click OK. Now to point out this registry DWORD to correct user profile settings, you should checkout the User Shell Folders entry inside Registry Editor. So
    move here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

5. In the right pane of this location, click on the {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} entry which is expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). Make sure it point out to following Value data:
    %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots

After confirming the Value data, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot. Now, try to capture screenshots, you’ll observe that screenshots got saved where they should be, means the issue has been resolved.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 screenshot save location

1. Windows 10 screenshot save location - Similar Threads - screenshot save location

2. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  3. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  4. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I have deleted the "C:\Users\christoforos\Pictures\Screenshots" folder where images windows+print screen key saved images. Now although i made a new folder named Screenshots in the pictures it is not storing screenshots there I dont know where it is storing them.How can I...
  5. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I have deleted the "C:\Users\christoforos\Pictures\Screenshots" folder where images windows+print screen key saved images. Now although i made a new folder named Screenshots in the pictures it is not storing screenshots there I dont know where it is storing them.How can I...
  6. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. screenshot not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screenshot not saving: When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that? submitted by /u/raven-perlas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5997u/screenshot_not_saving/
  8. How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to save a screenshot to the desired location?: I've taken a screenshot and then it saves to the screenshots folder. This folder is located on my SSD. I know a screenshot doesn't take up much room but is there any way that I could have it automatically save to the desired location? submitted by /u/Zach_Zach_700 [link]...
  9. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I've already looked through at least a dozen forums on this. They aren't saving to my Onedrive or anywhere else. Also, my Users folder is stuck on Read Only mode, and after changing permissions and inheritance settings, it still won't get out of read only mode. This is weird...
  10. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...