Windows 10: Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen?

Discus and support Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As it says in the title, screenshots are extremely delayed and/or just not capturing what's directly on the monitor. Snipping tool is off and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HijikataX, Nov 29, 2019.

1. HijikataX Win User

Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen?

As it says in the title, screenshots are extremely delayed and/or just not capturing what's directly on the monitor.

Snipping tool is off and no delay set, and I've tried Printscreen and Windows-Printscreen, both give the same result.

I'm trying to capture screenshots from games, but it always takes shots of the exit menus or other random screens, not what I'm actually looking at.

I have a gaming PC, Windows 10, and only one monitor.

I'm really confused by this. Any ideas?

:)

HijikataX, Nov 29, 2019

2. capturing screen shots in Windows 10

I can't find how to "print screen" in Windows 10. Hitting cntl or alt or shift or Fn or windows alone or in any combination with the PrtSc button doesn't work. (Someone suggested something with the G key, but that just asks about games.)

Does Window support screen shot capturing, or do we have to download another separate program? If it does, how do I do it in Windows 10? Thanks.

SueBrooksMA, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Uttam Yadav, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen?

Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen?

1. Windows 10 Screenshots delayed and/or not capturing shots of what's directly on the screen? - Similar Threads - Screenshots delayed capturing

2. What is capturing my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is capturing my screen?: There is a yellow border around every focussed app, and a yellow line underneath the app's icon on the taskbar. I am aware this is a security feature from Microsoft. I can't figure out what is causing it / what is recording my screen. It is constant from startup to shutdown....
  3. What is capturing my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is capturing my screen?: There is a yellow border around every focussed app, and a yellow line underneath the app's icon on the taskbar. I am aware this is a security feature from Microsoft. I can't figure out what is causing it / what is recording my screen. It is constant from startup to shutdown....
  4. How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11: Capturing screenshots on your Windows 10 or 11 device is a common practice that can be useful for a variety of purposes, including documenting software bugs, creating tutorials, or sharing information with others. There are various methods to capture screenshots on your...
  5. Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen

Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen: HiIs there any solution for this issue?Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screenE.g. Need to watch my screen if “NeedToCapture” appear on screen take screenshot, and contine till i stop it.Any idea?Thanks...
  6. screen shots

screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  7. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  8. Screenshot Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshot Capture: I have had this computer for about one year, and it operates with Windows 10 Home Edition. For the first six months or so I used to be able to do something that really helped me when taking courses online, i.e., I used to be able to take screenshots on the fly, meaning that...
  9. Screenshots getting delayed

Screenshots getting delayed: Hi, soo i recently built a new pc and i am having this issue with the screenshots the "ctrl+prtsc" one. When i use this shortcut to take a screenshot, it captures the screen from 5-6 seconds ago and not what is currently displayed on the screen. This is only happening when i...
  10. Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen

Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen: Lock your device - WinKey+L, at the Lock Screen, press PrntScrn, sign back in, open Paint and Paste from the clipboard and Save. *Arrow Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials [img] 100116