Windows 10: Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore.

Discus and support Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to use the combination Windows + PrtScr keys today and it will not send captured screens to the default screenshots picture folder any longer.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EllensBarry, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore.

I tried to use the combination Windows + PrtScr keys today and it will not send captured screens to the default screenshots picture folder any longer.I can open paint and paste it.Just cannot screen capture in that manner anymore.

:)

EllensBarry, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore.

SWEETFX screenshot folder

Hi is there a way to change the folder to which Sweetfx saves the in-game screenshots ???

By default they get saved into the "game's directory"... but I would like to change that for another folder...

jonathan1107, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore.

1. Windows 10 screenshots not going to default folder anymore. - Similar Threads - screenshots going default

2. Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.: As the title said, i deleted my screenshot folder off of one drive or something. The I recovered it, and its still in the pictures files. But no new screenshots go there despite saying they do....
  3. Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.: As the title said, i deleted my screenshot folder off of one drive or something. The I recovered it, and its still in the pictures files. But no new screenshots go there despite saying they do....
  4. I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder: Hi, I have been using my Windows 10 laptop since about 4-5 years and it was moving smoothly that's why I didn't move to a new one. One day I was just minding my own business and stuff and that moment I got a thought why don't I discover something more in File Explorer so that...
  5. I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder: Hi, I have been using my Windows 10 laptop since about 4-5 years and it was moving smoothly that's why I didn't move to a new one. One day I was just minding my own business and stuff and that moment I got a thought why don't I discover something more in File Explorer so that...
  6. Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore

Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore: @DaveM121 please help me , I've done the registry thing "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"But nothing is working.Please help me , I have a project that I need to work on and without the screenshots not working ,it is very...
  7. How to move the default Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move the default Screenshots folder: On my Windows 10 Professional, the default folder where screenshots are saved when I press Prt Sc is C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Public\Pictures. I did not set this up. Windows one day just decided to use this folder. C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Public\Pictures is not a Library folder....
  8. Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore: I just realized how my screenshots aren't being saved in my screenshot folder anymore when I press Prt Scr. I don't have much more to say besides I just don't see the pictures in my folder anymore after I press that key. Thank you...
  9. Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?: A while ago, after an update a month or so ago, I've discovered that the screenshots no longer save in the Pictures library folder. Where did they go, and why were they moved? 131419
  10. My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder: A while back I accidentally moved the screenshots folder into a USB and when I returned the file I found out the whenever I take a screenshot it not only doesn't go to the folder but is nowhere to be found nowhere to be found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if you moved the screenshots folder to another

2. screenshots keep going to a shared folder

3. win prtscr folder moved

4. screenshots not going to folder