Windows 10: Windows 10 screwed my laptop hard..

Discus and support Windows 10 screwed my laptop hard.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im seriously desperate.. can anyone help me with my laptop which HAD windows 8 pro on it recently (2days ago) upgraded to windows 10 and it worked fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Bralle9 Win User

Windows 10 screwed my laptop hard..

Im seriously desperate.. can anyone help me with my laptop which HAD windows 8 pro on it recently (2days ago) upgraded to windows 10 and it worked fine until it froze, which by then I was surfing online for about 3 hours, so I hell down the powerbutton so it shut down. The automatic repair failed several times and I tried every option there was on advanced settings, EVERY last one of them, didnt work. Now I recently ran the HARD DRIVE CHECK both the extensive and quick version, both said that the Smart check: Passed while the Short/Long DST: Failed
    My failure ID is QE6KL3-0007NT-XD6V7F-61E703.
    My laptop is a HP Elitebook 725 G2
    Anyone who knows what to do? I am so close to give up and scrap my laptop but it has so much files and work in it that took my such long time to do..
    I cant see the windows logo, the only thing I see is the Hp logo, after it fades the screen goes black and my laptop doesnt do a thing until like 5 seconds after that it resets and repeats, its like an evil cycle.
    MY LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN, HELP! - HP ELITEBOOK 725 G - YouTube heres what it looks like, I know this is annoying but I really need help :/

[youtube]fxTWbx8FlZ4[/youtube]

:)

Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015

2. Upgrading To Windows 10 With New Hard Drive

Hello,

I was in the process of upgrading my OS to Windows 10, when an old demon, my screwed up hard drive, showed back up again, and it completely failed, and I can no longer boot up my laptop without replacing the hard drive. So I need to buy a new hard drive,
    so once I get my hard drive all in order, will I still be able to get my reserved Windows 10?

Thanks!

- Austin

AustinVisser, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Buzzin with sounds and random lagging and min freezes

Well it was hard installing the new version, I chose to install it over local pc because via wifi it was stuck at 82%, and be screws I mean three tiny screws at the bottom of my laptop that I do not know if they are just there to for structural support
    or for something more.

IvanPineda, Aug 6, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

To be honest, a fresh re-install of Windows 10 is your best way forward.

owensdj, Aug 6, 2015
  5. tomjsnj Win User
    I made sure I did an image back up of my computer so if anything gets messed up I cam recover my system. From what you detailed about your system crash, it doesn't look good.

tomjsnj, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Hi

If you have lots of files on there you need boot from a Linux CD and get them off before you reinstall.

Regards

Bazz, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Bralle9 Win User
    Ive downloaded the windows 10 Iso into a flashdrive but since my laptop doesnt respond after I hit any button which it requests after I go into boot options and select the driver but since the windows logo does not appear so does not the Windows 10 Iso thingy..

Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015
  8. CyberTod Win User

I don't understand Swedish, but the message you get looks like a No boot device.
    How did you download the iso exactly ? Did you just copy the file to the flash drive or made it bootable with the media creation tool ?

CyberTod, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Bralle9 Win User
    Yeah, i noticed, the bad thing about this laptop is also that it doesnt have a dvd inserter.. so the flashdrive with the windows 10 iso is my only hope I guess, even it doesnt help me so... yeah, basically im screwed.. I think..?

Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Bralle9 Win User
    I just copied it from my other laptop, how do you mean about making it bootable with the meadia creation tool? Like burn it?

Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015
  11. Bralle9 Win User
    I dont really understand Linux, its to complicated and I havent been taught to use it so I dont understand, sorry, can you please explain? *Smile

Bralle9, Aug 6, 2015
  12. thesaint2 Win User
    I have a similar situation after upgrading from W7 to 10. I have backups of W7 on DVD and image backup on an external HDD. But like you, I do not suppose I can get into the machine enough for the backups to be accessed!

thesaint2, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Bazz Win User

Can you get into the Bios ?

14. CyberTod Win User
    It will not work if you just copy the .iso to the flash drive.
    Download the media creation tool from this link :

Windows 10

And follow the instructions. On the first prompt choose 'Create installation media for another PC'

CyberTod, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Bazz Win User
    You can download a Linux bootable CD burn it an boot from it and get into your hard drive if it is not broken, if you can get into your bios and your hard drive is not listed that would explain no boot device, then you need a new hard drive and probably has nothing to do with the windows 10 install just bad luck that the hard drive has died.

how to access the bios? - HP Support Forum - 1301371

Thema:

1. Windows 10 screwed my laptop hard.. - Similar Threads - screwed laptop hard

2. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is screwed: So I was compressing files to get some storage space and then an error popped up asking me to terminate something like "00000007.00" and I said ok then everything disappeared besides the taskbar and my background with the occasional error message asking the same thing, and it...
  3. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop is screwed: So I was compressing files to get some storage space and then an error popped up asking me to terminate something like "00000007.00" and I said ok then everything disappeared besides the taskbar and my background with the occasional error message asking the same thing, and it...
  4. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset screwed up my laptop: Hi, My name is Pratyush, I just performed a full reset of my Laptop. But when it is complete, and I fill all my info and reach the desktop, I am not able to run any Modern UI apps and not able to sign in using a microsoft account. UWP apps and sign in Prompt crash on opening....
  6. My Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is screwed: My laptop ever since installing Duet which is what i use, keeps telling me it couldn’t repair itself, I have tried everything and nothing works. It also gives me a (GSOD) Green screen of Death[IMG]...
  7. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  8. Hard Drive Screws

Hard Drive Screws: Looking for hard drive screws for an Acer TC-220 PC the hard drives get fix on the underside of the HHD, not the sides. There's small rubber grommets thats in the case screw hole that the screws go through plus the screw has a small un-threaded shank on them. Does...
  9. Screwed up my hard drive (now clone)

Screwed up my hard drive (now clone): I screwed up my desktop hard drive by marking the primary partition as active. So, I popped it out of the case and mounted my clone in its place. I stuck the drive in my USB docking station so I could work on it and use it to host a clone after I figure out how to fix it....
  10. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...