Windows 10: Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug

Discus and support Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Its been 25 days am facing this issue, whenever this bug appears and need to refresh many times and then after it came to normal.One more bug is with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ved prakashdewangan, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug

Its been 25 days am facing this issue, whenever this bug appears and need to refresh many times and then after it came to normal.One more bug is with the file explorer whenever try to open other apps the file explorer auto opens. This both the bugs happens at the same time & did everything to fix this bug and still cant resolve it. Its very annoying. Please help me out.

:)

Ved prakashdewangan, Sep 10, 2021

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Sep 10, 2021
  3. robertd50 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumps to the top of scroll bar.

This has been an ongoing issue for months. I've googled for the answer until my fingertips bled. There were suggestions which I had tried but with no success. A couple of months ago, I even called Microsoft/this site, 12/10/16. He was even on laptop. I thought
    he may have fixed it, since the scroll bar didn't rocket to the top for at least two or three minutes. I congratulated him on a job well down. As soon as we said our good-byes, guess what? Yup, it moved to the top of the bar. Well, I gave up.

I'm baaaack! Anybody, anybody out there, maybe, just maybe has a fix! It would make my day. Maybe tech would like to revisit my laptop and try again?

robertd50, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Deluneth Win User

Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug

1. Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug - Similar Threads - Scroll bar keeps

2. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  3. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  4. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  6. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  7. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  9. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps: Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my...