Windows 10: Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update

Discus and support Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I recently updated Windows 10 and have a very odd and very frustrating issue with some apps scrolling down all the time. The issue only appears to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeilPfister, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update

Hi

I recently updated Windows 10 and have a very odd and very frustrating issue with some apps scrolling down all the time. The issue only appears to happen in some Microsoft apps like Mail or OneNote. It does not happen in other Microsoft apps like Word or Edge. Basically when you are in one of the affected apps, or indeed anywhere in the Settings or Control Panel, if the cursor is anywhere in a part of the screen that can scroll down, it will constantly try to scroll down. However, I must stress that this is not a mouse or keyboard hardware issues, as it does not happen in all areas where you can scroll down, and I have also tested multiple keyboards and mice to see if it could be that. Also restarted multiple times and tried signing in to a local account rather than Microsoft Account - all no joy.

I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers to try next, as there are now a number of key apps that are completely unusable. If needed my Windows 10 version is 1803.

Regards
    Neil

:)

NeilPfister, Mar 19, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 19, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 19, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update

1. Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update - Similar Threads - scrolling down automatically

2. Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..: Recently I have been facing an issue that whenever I am reading a pdf on adobe or doing anything on google the page automatically scrolls down whether it be in adobe pdf or google..Please solve this issue...
  3. Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..: Recently I have been facing an issue that whenever I am reading a pdf on adobe or doing anything on google the page automatically scrolls down whether it be in adobe pdf or google..Please solve this issue...
  4. sometimes the PC automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sometimes the PC automatically shut down: I did not shut down my PC, but sometimes it automatically shut down. I did not set any auto shutdown or update. How can I know the reason for the shutdown?...
  5. sometimes the PC automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sometimes the PC automatically shut down: I did not shut down my PC, but sometimes it automatically shut down. I did not set any auto shutdown or update. How can I know the reason for the shutdown?...
  6. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  7. Shut down computer automatically after sometime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down computer automatically after sometime: Can someone tell me how to automatically completely shut down my desktop computer, not laptop, after a period of non use. I use windows 10 ***Original title: shut down desk topcomputer***...
  8. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  9. Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10: Hii, In my Windows 10, whenever i open any program its automatic scroll down to bottom. Please Help to Fix that. Thanks in Advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scroll-down-in-windows-10/c5be9596-e87e-419e-b35c-c2f5b44bc841
  10. Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?: Hello, As of late, I've been having a reoccuring problem with automatic scrolling with my Windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 came preinstalled on the system, and it is an HP laptop currently (at the time of writing this post, since Microsoft updates far too often) running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 scrolling automatically

2. Windows 10 automatic scroll down problem

3. automatic scrolling windows 10

4. scrolling down automatically,
  5. windows 10 lenovo automatic scrolling down,
  6. scrolling automatically in windows 10